Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2002 Passat Alternator removal..HELP!!
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
beetle16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: 2002 Passat Alternator removal..HELP!! Reply with quote

My mother has a 2002 Passat with the 1.8 engine. The alternator has gone out and needs replacing. I removed the top bolt and got the bottom bolt loose and that is where I ran into my problem. The bottom bolt doesn't have enough room to come out!! Are there any secrets to removing the bottom bolt of the alternator? Will I just have to remove the front end to get to it? The bolt is hitting the back side of the fan. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
73sports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an allen bolt that holds the fan pully on the mount. You can undo that bolt and take the fan/with hub and pulley out of the car. That should give you all the clearance you need.

Central Jersey VW Society
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: