Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Changing outer window scrapers, found this, where does it go
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
soissisc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Changing outer window scrapers, found this, where does it go Reply with quote

I found this when changing my outer window scrapers. Can anyone tell me where it goes? I found one for each door. Got me stumped. 1968 Westy.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks in advance for your help.

68 Westy
92 Jetta (oh it is retired)
99 Eurovan
05 NBC
06 Audi A3
72 Westy (I am going to fix it up)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ones white but shoved down into the same place.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
67SingleCabGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now I finally know what it is. Thanks a bunch to the original poster for asking.

My questions are, what does it do? And is it important to have in?

Reason I ask is that I also did my windows a couple of months ago and found these (mine being white) on the inside bottom of the doors (must have fell out when I pulled the vent window). Anyways the first one I found along with some other small stuff that was at the bottom of the door and I threw all the stuff away assuming it was some sort of trash that fell in the door over the years . Well of course when I got around to doing the other side weeks later I found the other one which I kept this time, saying to myself that it couldnt be a coincidence that I would find the same little piece of something inside both doors. So now I only have the one.

I just went out after seeing this post and cant really move or wiggle my vent window any and have to admit that I rarely ever open them when I drive my bus.

Should I try to find another one and then put them both in or can I get away with leaving them out?

Thanks Much
Kevin
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can live without them but where the seal meets the outer lip of the door may get a little funny and develop a gap someday, it keeps the vent frame pushed up against the seal and door.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
soissisc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

busdaddy, thanks for clearing this up.

I know I had two, (that is what got me thinking too, can't be one in each door for no good reason...) but for some reason I can only find one now.... better check the bottom of the shop vac - or start interogating the kids!

Thanks again

68 Westy
92 Jetta (oh it is retired)
99 Eurovan
05 NBC
06 Audi A3
72 Westy (I am going to fix it up)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: