Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

not a excercism, but a bondocism!!
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bus-deciple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: not a excercism, but a bondocism!! Reply with quote

How the heck do I remove bondo frome my bus?Is my only choice to sand it out? Confused
Thanks Luke
bus-deciple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm Eh?
rlarkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am slowley working a 70 bug. The left rear fender had a few spots that were thicker than I liked. I just used a universal dolly and bumped em out from behind. The filler popped right out.
I am now slowly fixing ALL the small dents with NO filler. Lots of work, but heck, I am only 45. I got time! Smile
sharkkbyte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm at work I usually just grin it out , but another trick ive see nis to heat it with a propane torch, make sure not to heat the metal around it too much just concentrate on the filler, it wil get hot then start to smoke and smell real badlol, it loses its grip an can be scraped off. Ive never done it but Ive sen it done several times, then only thing is to be sure to keep the heat on the mud, not on the surrounding metal, maybe heat it them back of for a minute to make sutre the metal doesnt warp, then heat some more
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Big Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3M makes a 36 grit purple surface conditioning pad for your 4 inch grinder that is awesome at removing bondo. Because of its open construction, it does not load up and turns bondo into dust at an almost unbelivable rate and doesn't damage the panel underneath. No flame, no chemical, just sweep up a pile of bondo dust when you are done. I've been working on a motorhome that someone "reconditioned" by covering large areas with a thick layer of bondo. The pads have been a lifesaver. They also strip paint like mad.
nosmr2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If used a drill with a round metal brush on the end to remove mine. I had a pretty large area. It worked a lot faster than sanding.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: