Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rubber floor mats
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
coopersim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Rubber floor mats Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm struggling to source a new rubber floor mat set for my '69 stock beetle.

I'm in the UK, can anyone help? I'm after a black set for a RHD car as close to the original spec as possible.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Neil Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubber floor mats Reply with quote

coopersim wrote:
Hi!

I'm struggling to source a new rubber floor mat set for my '69 stock beetle.

I'm in the UK, can anyone help? I'm after a black set for a RHD car as close to the original spec as possible.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I doubt you'll find a new one to be honest. Sad
I had a 1970 Beetle with the original mats in the back and none in the front - I bought one off a UK forum, and although good condition, it was a different year and therefore a different grain pattern. I thought it would do for a while, but at Dubfreeze a couple of months later I found the right one, purely by fluke. It was dirty and a little worn, but I bought it and sold the other one on! That was the only one I've seen, and the only one of my 10 or so beetles that I've owned over the last 15 years that had the mats still in place.
'86 Scirocco special project - still measuring up...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember, years ago, that these were hard to find in U.S. even for LHD VWs, I finally ordered some while in stock. You might have trouble finding front for RHD VW.

See links https://www.mamotorworks.com/acvw-volkswagen-beetl...-4692.html

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/wolfsburg_new/interior/rub_flr_mats.cfm

westcoastmetric.com

ask for customer service, see if they can special order one for RHD from whomever supplies them
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had no luck finding one for my '71 RHD. I got a NOS rear one from a Samba seller in the philippines though the grain pattern was slightly different. But the front has been unobtainium so far.

An added challenge on the front RHD ones is that some cars had the sloping metal "foot rest" even on the drivers side so the front mat had to moulded for that while some RHD cars did not -- so there are 2 kinds. On the LHD cars, I've not seen a car with that foot rest on the drivers side.

BN
spotco2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody makes an exact duplicate of the original.

Some of the reproductions are similar but their texture and thickness are different.

VW's are not just a car, they're an adventure!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coopersim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame! No supplier in the UK, and no one seems to make these to the same spec.

I guess carpet is easier to work with, but I really wanted to keep the OEM look Sad
coopersim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen a tatty set on ebay, but so far only wolfsberg west seem to stock them, and they are al for LHD cars. Can anyone help here? Even if it's a second hand set in excellent condition, I would consider, as long as I can keep the car in stock appearance!

Thanks Very Happy
lemke
Samba Troll

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coopersim wrote:
Seen a tatty set on ebay, but so far only wolfsberg west seem to stock them, and they are al for LHD cars. Can anyone help here? Even if it's a second hand set in excellent condition, I would consider, as long as I can keep the car in stock appearance!

Thanks Very Happy

I would be willing to make reproductions if I could borrow a good set to use as a model. I've been making Ghia floor mats for about 15 years.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
leec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I could do with a rear mat like in the original post. Anyone help?
Lee
leec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking for one. Any help appreciated Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: