Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chip - [email protected] - Chip Birks
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Chip
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
jeff kyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Chip - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Thanks for the 56-61 LED tails...excellent product and service! Good contact seller with info on shipping,etc...Recommend to all!
Jeff Kyle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stoneloco808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought 2 pairs of these LED tail lights for my snow-flake tail lights this past December. Eventually one pair will end up on my '55 oval. Items were packed very well, workmanship is top notch, excellent product. Would not hesitate to purchase items from this seller.

Hopefully an LED set for the heart lights will be coming out soon...
MargaritaVillain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip sells an excellent product and stands behind his work. I bought a set of snowflake LEDs for my '57 and he helped me through the many trials and tribulations of getting them to work properly (the issues were due to the POs homemade wiring harness, not Chip's lights). I would reccomend him to anyone and not hesitate to purchase from him again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NevsOval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip makes a beautifully made product & postage to Australia was prompt.

A nice bloke to deal with & I would recommend him with no hesitation, especially if you are trying to stick with 6V, but want the safety aspect of LED.

Nev Jones
Exaktaphile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Chip's 6-volt DIY Snowflake Kit and am impressed! The kit was well packed, promptly shipped and had all necessary parts including several spare LED's. If you have some electrical aptitude, this is a fun and rewarding project, as it'll probably save you from getting rear-ended. I can tell by watching my tailgater's that the LED's definitely warn people of my intentions! Smile

Below is a pic I took while installing. The left side is Chip's LED and the right is stock incandescent. I like the way Chip designed his array to enhance the snowflake. The running lights are roughly the same brightness as a stock incandescent but the real life-saving difference is in the turn signals and brakes. Check out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdh4WgGrG5E

BTW, the stock taillight has the dark filter and is unusually bright compared to most 6v cars. This is probably due to the car being low mileage, rust-free and never driven in bad weather by PO's. It's as bright as a stock 50-year old taillight can get and the LED's blow it away on the higher-load applications.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
my03yellowv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chips, LED taillights are great put my order in he made them for me quick during the holidays, and with no electrical knowledge and his directions I had them installed in my car in about a half hour. The Difference is night and day over stock makes me feel safer driving at night! If you are asking yourself are they worth it the answer is Yes..
toxic56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip is quick with email responses, answers to questions, clarifications, etc. His customer service is the best. The product is absolutely great. It is far superior to stock while keeping the stock look. I highly recommend them.
volksboy57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend bought a 6 volt set of lights from chip and they were so nice that I bought a 12 volt pair for my oval. Chip was really responsive and the lights arrived earlier than I thought they would. The lights are professionally made and look great. I like how the LEDs are arranged in a honeycomb pattern, it compliments the tail lens design. I believe that each light cluster has 53 LED's! My tail lights are very visible now, I can relax a bit. I installed the lights myself without any hassle. Chip includes clear instructions.

Thank you Chip! If I ever get another bug, I will make sure to get more lights from you!

I have a photo that shows the installed side versus the regular bulb side, and the visibility is night and day. These are just the running lights!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
FiftyFive
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: 6V DIY Snowflake LED kit Reply with quote

6V DIY Snowflake LED kit

Just wanted to say thanks to Chip, his product is superb as many others have said, especially when keeping your 6V system.

Communication and service were second to none throughout the whole buying process, prompt shipping with tracking number to the UK, all for a fair price Very Happy

All the parts are there and the instructions are easy to follow, even with a small hiccup in the build Chip was right there with support and advice.

As you can see from the photos on here and the LED thread if you are sticking to 6V these are a must to protect your ride !

Cheers Rich
Rustforlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a set of 12v snowflake lights from Chip, and was extremely happy with the fast shipping! Thanks mang!
65Micro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered the 12v DIY kit.... showed up nicely packaged and labeled on the inside. no instructions in box...chip immediately emailed me the most elaborate fully detailed, photographic instructions i have ever seen. VERY PLEASED....can't wait to see what's next from him....
57 AZ Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought the 12v Snowflake LED kit from Chip. Good communication, timely shipping, easy installation with detailed instructions, GREAT product! Now I don't need to look in my rearview mirror every time I stop! Anyone with a late 50's beetle needs these.
BDSBSS23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the Led lights i bought from him. I had a problem with the DIY kit one side wasnt working right so i sent it back and chip fixed it up for a decent price. Now i got it back and it looks great. Thanks Chip!
Pillar repair with 65 bus
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=530360
BISH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: 6 Volt lights Reply with quote

Chip is a decent fella who produces and sells a quality product.

One of the good guys!
Snort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of 6V LED taillights from Chip last winter. He worked through a few issues with me on my particular setup and in the end it all worked out well.
Bart Dunn
Samba Consiglieri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant--literally & figuratively. Many thanks, Chip.
LadyVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the 12v set up from Chip a couple months ago, installed and running great. Packed well with instructions, and a swift turnaround. Couldn't ask for more! Thanks, Chip!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark_85226
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my 12v LED 56-61 Snowflake Tail Lights kit today, the kit was organized well, instructions were very good, the PCB's are easy to assemble if you have soldering skills, and the lights looks amazing!!!

Thank you Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alnglas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Very positive transaction--couldnt be happier Reply with quote

I contacted Chip and explained my situation. As always just before a major show or event it seems everything goes wrong. I told Chip I had just a few days before a week long event that my VW was already entered in and I was having brake light issues. I ordered the L.E.D. kit for my 59 Beetle and Chip put the complete kit together within 24hrs and had it to me the next day just in time to install and resolve my brake light issues. I have the brightest and nicest looking L.E.D. kit I have personally witnessed to date on my 59 and I have no fear of driving in the daylight hours and not having noticeable brakes. The kit was very simple to install, came with great instructions and Chip was immediately on the email and messaging as soon as I had any questions. This type of pride, craftsmanship and service is few and far between and I could not be happier with my transaction with Chip. I plan to install the same kit on my 58 Ragtop as soon as I finish putting it back together. Thanks Chip! As soon as I can I will put together a utube video to give an example of the brightness of these lights.
kostya.lyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of the 6V assembled LED boards and relay for my '58. Communication was excellent and shipping time was extremely fast. The lights themselves are phenomenal compared to the stock 6V bulbs, I now feel much safer driving the car. Thanks Chip!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: