Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for backing plates
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:09 am    Post subject: Looking for backing plates Reply with quote

I'm desperately looking for backing plates (rear breaks, '69 westfalia bus). I've tried to find them in Canada and also in USA, such as California Imports, Bug Auto or Larry's Off Road Center. Can anyone help me find some? Thanks, Annie & Teddy Bee'69!
58Type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:36 am    Post subject: Looking for backing plates Reply with quote

I can check with a friend, he runs a VW salvage yard. Or hell, I can give you the number and you could call him if you wanted to. Little long distance but may be well worth the call. 503-623-8490 his name is Tom and that is his business number.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flat4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Looking for backing plates Reply with quote

Try BFY obsolete parts. they should have a few used ones, also Chirco stocks many used parts for your Bus. They ship too and they know the differences between plates of different years. good luck. Those are in high demand, which is probably why you are missing yours. I was when I bought mine.

Gary
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Looking for backing plates Reply with quote

Thanks for your help guys. I did find some with Tom and I also had a good service. As for Chirco, they didn't have any. Thanks again, Annie & Teddy Bee that are very happy again!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: