Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Body shops in the southeast
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
elise67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Body shops in the southeast Reply with quote

I'm looking for a good body shop in the southeast for my '67 beetle. I know of quite a few restoration places that work on mustangs and the like, but no one with any real volkswagen experience. Can anyone recommend a shop? I'm in Birmingham, AL- the closer the better.
Slowlow Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just so happen to run a body shop. And we have done several VW's! The only downfall is that I am located in Northeast Tennessee. We would be happy to have your car though! We have even recieved cars from florida, and cars we have built have sold for 20,000 and up! Im sorry that we arent closer.... but do you feel like a road trip!? haha Wink
scustom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Body Shop in NC Reply with quote

We are located just North of Charlotte! Full Restoration and Paint. Currently working on a '74 Beetle Restor.
dflesher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out www.rustyrestos.com

They are located in Tallapoosa, GA.
Mario J G
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I have a VW only restoration shop in NC, but booked till Jan, doing a 59 ragtop(added) 67 convertable, 79 vert just about to be painted I offer powder coating and can acid dip the cars also do interiors anything from stock to full custom.

Mario
Vintage Werks Restorations
Copper Jewel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy You must assuredly get in touch with Charles Overton at Rusty Restos here in Tallapoosa. You will not be disappointed. This mans work is a sight to behold. Many of his works have been featured in Hot VW's and that other magazine. He did the work on Copper Jewel and we are very pleased. His prices are fair. He will take it to the finish you want, be it daily driver to show car finish, Charles is the man!!!!

www.volksfolks.org

"Copper Jewel" may be gone from my garage, but will always be in my heart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doubledd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Tallapoosa Reply with quote

Is Tallapoosa in Alabama? Seems like I've heard of this city before. And need the address and telephone number.
John
doubledd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Tallapoosa Reply with quote

Sorry, but I see it is in Georgia! I'm in Valdosta, GA and need to check a map. If he's not too far, may be he can work on my 69 Ghia restoration project. Would like his tlephone number if I can get it.
John
Copper Jewel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles can be contacted at Rusty Restos in Tallapoosa Georgia. The number there is 770-574-RUST (7878). Tallapoosa is right off I-20 at the Georgia/Alabama line. It would be well worth getting your vehicle work done by Rusty Resto. You will be very pleased!!!! Very Happy The address is 330 Golf Course Road Tallapoosa Georgia 30176

www.volksfolks.org

"Copper Jewel" may be gone from my garage, but will always be in my heart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
adamb29
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: J-3 Restoration Reply with quote

I've got my 67 beetle at J-3 Restoration right now. He has done an amazing job on my pan and will hopefully be starting body work soon. Check him out. I found him by surfing samba.com. He has his banner ad on this site and I checked him out. I met with him a few times and he really seems to know what he's doing.
www.j-3restoration.com
www.bertramfamily.com/noodles
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: