Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Body Shop in SE Michigan
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimwebby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Body Shop in SE Michigan Reply with quote

First of all - Thanks to everyone who responded to my last posting about which paint to use.

Now that I have decided upon which paint (Delstar it is!), I now have to decide upon a location where I will actually paint the car.

I had planned on converting my garage into a tmporary booth, but after some rudimentary attempts have given this up as a bad job.

Therefore, does anyone know of any friendly body shops in the SE Michigan area that will rent out their spray booths for a few hours (possibly at weekends when they are not being used)? Or, even better, a spray booth that is available for rent at any time to anyone?

Thanks in advance for any info that is provided.

Cheers,

Jim.
Big Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your paint supplier may know of some rental booths.
jimwebby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone is interested; I have managed to locate somewhere that has a paint booth that is available to rent 24/7 for $50/hr or $300/day (0830 to 1700).
The place is called U-Paint-It, and they are located in Clinton Township, NW of Detroit.
The booth they have is downdraft and can bake up to 160F. They have a prep area and free use of thinners and masking paper. Guns (SATA) are also available to rent for $25/day.
Adam, the bloke who runs it seems v. friendly and helpful.
Their phone number is 586-354-5441.

I intend to book there in the next couple of weeks to paint my 356 project.

This is not an endorsement, nor am I in anyway affiliated with this company. I just thought it was useful information to anyone looking for this type of business.

There was a stripped down Type 1 outside (not sure what year) so maybe someone here already knows about this place.

Jim.
sandshark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the info! Reply with quote

Hey - thanks for posting that info... I live in Chesterfield, just north of Clinton Twp... that place should come in handy when I paint my fiberglass street buggy this spring... lemme know how it works out for you!

-Chris
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: