Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Samba scouts
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

Hi Everett, I see another volunteer for the samba scouts - those people willing to check out local vws for faraway sambanistas who need an honest opinion of the prospective new moneypit. How about a specific page on the site for a semi-permanent list of scouts and locations, sort of like the airs section of type2.com?
Thanks, Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

You could put me down on such a list for the NY-NJ metro area. It would also be good for TheSamba to do a standard checklist that scouts would check, given, of course, the limitations that it would have to be without benefit of test equipment or tools. Digital photos would be a plus. All, of course, purely voluntary and without any negative implications for the scout if the car turns out to be a POS.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

Yes, I plan to do this at some point.

I haven't got around to it yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

The bugshop.com (I think that's it) had a real good check list. So does John Muir's book, although it gets a little weird what with you supposed to absorb the car's karma and stuff...
SES-ONE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

well everett put me down for seattle metro area in washington!

SES
Kosmicride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

Thats what the JHC is for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

i do some finding in the South carolina aera
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Salty D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

I will help out in PDX metro area
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
zackG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

I am currently in North Ohio/ Michigan
I got anyones back up here.
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

Everett
prehaps a place here in the forum where you can post "looking at 66 bus in East Jabib can i get someone to scope it out for me?"
or some thing like that, where you might get in contact with peope that can take a look at something for someone?
just an idea..lol
call em Samba Scouts...heh
Frank
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

ack or listing of people,e-mail addresses per state? someone you can turn to for those long distance projects
Denise Kern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

I would like to volunteer to be the Scout for the Metropolitan Nashville Area. Tennessee of course and any outlying areas... Not many go up for sale around here and/or make it to thesamba.com but if they do I would be glad to do it..
Collen Kelton
[email protected]
The Red Rocket Coordinator
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dono Power
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

I would like to Samba scout for Arkansas. I travel a major portion of the state for work and see quite a few VWs around. Email me and let me know what and where and I will getit assessed and let you know what you got. I look forward to scouting for any one who needs it.
[email protected]

Thanks,
Dono Power
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, well, duh, I have to give my e-mail address if I want to be a scout, right? Jeez. OK, it's [email protected]. I'll read it 9-5 Eastern time weekdays. I can check out stuff in NJ and NYC.
type877
Samba Haiku Masta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

Just want everyone to know that I can cover the greater Salt Lake area (Provo to Ogden), maybe more. Will take digital pics so you know what the hell you're getting into. Send email to address above. And don't worry, I vow not to scoop any sambanista on a purchase. just give an honest assessment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

Put me down for the ALbany Oregon area.
Thornton
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
john walker's workshop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

kind of like sending your dog out to see if the steak on the barbie is done. yeah, sure i'll go check out that 23 for you. oh hell, it's full of rust, so i picked it up for parts cause you wouldn't have wanted it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

I would be willing to scout anything that results in full frontal nudity (even my own). What the hell do I have to lose Very Happy
BigElipso
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

I can take care of West Michigan but who the hell wants to buy rust?
Salty D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Samba scouts Reply with quote

I forgot to put my e-mail addy...

[email protected].

Portland, OR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: