Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Maryland Body Shops?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
paleale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Maryland Body Shops? Reply with quote

Hi there,
Looking for a good body shop in Maryland or surrounding areas? (PA, VA, WV)
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
'55oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: maryland body shop Reply with quote

what are looking to have done, restoration?
Call Ace German 703-490-5172 in VA my '55 bug is there for restoration and so far I can't complain
paleale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hay, thanks.
I have a 69' Bus that is in pretty good shape but would like the rust taken care of before it gets any worse.
I hope I can get some good work done for under $2,000.
I may not be abel to get the body work and get it painted for $2,000 but if I can get the rust out of it and get it primed would be great.
volksbeetle28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a place in mt. airy called georges vw. he does rust repair. I took my bug there for some major rust issues but i was definitely not happy with the results. he may be ok for some small repairs but i'm never going there again.

I'm in frederick....you may wanna try mark 1 vws in walkersville. I havent been there as I'm doing all the rust stuff myself. How bad is the rust on your cars?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
diy570
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt mark 1 just a salvage yard? i was there about 6 years ago when i lived in va and dont remember it as a resto or service place. ive only seen/heard good stuff about ace german in woodbridge.
Mario J G
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in NC if its not to far for you and If you sent me pics of your bus I could tell you what 2k will get you. I have done bay windows and can guarantee to you cant get better quality at twice the cost.

Mario
volksbeetle28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think mark 1 is mainly a service/yard place. I dont think they do major restoration work but i believe they do regular services.

i think they have a website.......woodsboroautosales.com
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
paleale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark 1 is a service place I dont think they do body work, pulse my wife toke one of her cars there before we meet and she says they missed it up.
Georges does not work on Buses anymore. I talked to hem some time back about my trany.
I dont have any major work in one spot on the bus but there is some rust here and there. I would like to have the rust around the sliding door done first.
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VW restorations & customs
in Manassas Va
Ed Robertsom

they also do race VW's too
703-361-3374
there shop has been in a few VW mags too

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: