Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

hot wiring
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cool dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

dude im not into rippin other people's cars. i just want to know because everyone else does
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

I thought all you needed to know about doing this was in a VW mag on the newsstand....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cool dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

is it really? ill look into that.
58Type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

Hey now, I don't know the specifics of hotwiring a car, but I know the principle. Plus I know the starter trick since my solenoid just hates me now. But I am smart, I use my keys to start my truck. Makes it kinda hard to do it otherwise. If you wanna know how to hot wire a Dub, make sure it is in a well populated area with lots and lots of cops...or maybe at a car show so you can get your a$$ beat and tell you to never do it again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard
Nigerian Scammer Trainee

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

Let me answere this request for you with the same answere I gave the last person that requested this info....

just follow these steps...
1. get a job, work hard, earn money.
2. save enough money to buy a VW.
3. spend all your money on the old VW.
4. spend all your time working on the old VW.
5. Borrow a good set of binoculars.
6. when ya get the VW completed and no longer have any money left, drive the VW to a nice secluded spot (Dimmly lit street corners in large cities near the "projects" are best).
7. walk about two blocks away, find a good spot to set and wait.
8. take out the binoculars and carefully watch your car, and in very short amount of time a "Professional" will show you exactly how it is done.
9. good luck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cool dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

obviously it was a mistake to ask this on line. usually volkswagen people arent complete A$$#*!%$
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

were not assholes, we just like our cars, and have tons of time and money invested in them and want to keep em. now you may not be a thief(even though this is a shady question to ask) but there are tons of people that could view this thread that may not be honest people. i for one dont want some some fool to get on the net and search "hotwire vw" and find out hot to steal my bus.
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

gee, usually prospective car thieves aren't stupid enough to look for help form their prospective victims. For the record, i am not a complete asshole. i am only a level three asshole. When some idiot tries to rip off my ride thanks to advice handed out by some other idiot on the web, causing me to blow a fuse, then i will be a complete asshole.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

LOL @ cool dub... now your gonna call us names cause we won't fufill your little fantasy of knowing how to hotwire a VW? You have some serious growing up to do!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glandnut Premium Member
40 horses of Fury

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

If you absolutely must know how to hotwire a VW, here goes. Contact Ryan Price of VW Trends and he will assuredly instruct you on your endeavor, and maybe even show you how cool super beetles really are.
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

sorry if you think that telling you how to hotwire a bug makes us A$$ h*les..
but asking that is like asking for anyone's credit card number.
so many have gotten there stuff swiped or knows someone who has
so you asking was just opeing up a can of worms.
aking in a public forum is not how to find out.
anyone telling,is like telling you where the spare house key outside is.
if we was buds and discussing it over fixing a bug in the garage, well then i would know you and prolly trust you and tell. but here?
doubtfull.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wgargan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

O.k. fox because you wanted to know, here it is Visa 6784 8975 1469 14420. please no one use it unless its an apsolute emergency. i trust you all. even the lurkers.
great day.
lc
P.S. if your dub is so cool why do you need to hot wire it?
Richard
Nigerian Scammer Trainee

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

cool dub,

I am not a complete A$$hole, I am a perfect A$$hole. There is a differance, get is correct you Phucking moron.
6v
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

I would say that all of these folks are the opposite of complete assholes. They're trying to save fellow ACVW owners some grief by making sure nobody can get information on how to hotwire a car online in an ACVW forum. I would say that you have had the misfortune of running up against some stand-up guys.

Tell you what, if you really want to know how to hotwire an ACVW, you can put in some time and get really familiar with the electrical system, and electrical principles in general. Once you even kind of know what you're talking about, it's completely obvious how a person would go about hotwiring one of these systems. Provide your own information if no one will give it to you.
wgargan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

very well put 6v. bravo!
lc
although i have to admit i was knid of being an asshole
justbuggin
Resident Brit

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

Ok, so if some idiot tells you, then what? The first thing you're gonna do is go out and try it on some poor suckers ride. Correct? Then what are you gonna do once you got it running? Maybe force a window? Maybe snap the steering lock and take it for a spin? Perhaps you won't be the one to do it, but I'd bet my next pay cheque that one of your buddies will.
Yep, you're right you've got some serious crap of the guys in here, and quite rightly so. It WAS a dumb thing to ask, and you've only suceeded in making yourself sound like a high school kid trying to keep up with his equally childish mates. Now bugger off til you can think of something worth saying.
Have a nice day

Rob S (o\|/o)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

The real question is who dosent know how to hot wire a vw or any other car?
The answer to that is only the truly clueless.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

all these responses and all failed to mention that mos bugs have steering locks, so hotwiring the car isnt goin got get you very far.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:35 am    Post subject: hot wiring Reply with quote

only the later model ones no one wants to steal...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JoyfulC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Well, actually... Reply with quote

...while I understand people's concerns, there may be legitimate reasons for wanting to know. I googled for the information and found my way here. Here's my situation.

My husband bought me a 1970 VW Beetle maybe 12 years ago as gift. But it only came with one key. No problem, we figured -- we'll get another made. Only we've searched high and low, and we can't find another key blank like it. So we still only have one key.

Yesterday, he announced he was going into town to the post office and the butcher's, and said he'd be taking the bike. Just then, I heard a rumble, but when we listened again, we only heard the roar of an engine from the dyno lab a quarter mile up the road. So off he went. He was gone maybe 10 minutes when the worst storm of the season hit, including some golf ball sized hail. The dogs looked worried. Hell, even the cat looked concerned. Finally, I jumped up and threw on some jeans to go look for him. We also have an old Lada Niva (The Russian Rustrocket), but there's a pile of dirt blocking it in the shed -- we drive the Beetle in the summer and the Rustrocket in the winter.

Now I had a problem. The key for the post office box is on his keyring -- along with the key for the bug. I sorta know the basics of how to hotwire a car, but it was mighty dark (darker in the shed) and I was in a hurry. This wasn't an ideal time to experiment.

Just then, he burst through the door, looking wet and worse for wear and tear, but home safe. Early this morning, we woke up and got to talking about it. What if we lost the key? What if a similar situation happened and one of us had to go retrieve the other?

So there actually can be completely honest reasons for knowing this. We'll know it and have practiced it before the end of the weekend.

..Christine..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: