Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How can you patch holes w/o welding and no cloth fiberglass?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamessalvant
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: How can you patch holes w/o welding and no cloth fiberglass? Reply with quote

I would like to patch holes in my bus 1969 above the front wheels and in the rear quater planel.. i want to loosen all the rust with a power drill and with a wire brush then some kind of rust converter and then patch over the holes maybe do some minor smoothing out then prime white to sorta match the bus... I have no access to welding or can afford it and live in chicago so most repairs are going to all be outside on a good day... anyone who has done this and got pretty good results let me know.. want it to last 3-5 years before moving chicago back to the south where I got some more room.... thanks james
Miguel Arroyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company that makes POR 15 also makes an epoxy. Try: http://www.por15.com/product.asp?productid=9

Good luck.
HomespunKustom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how big are the holes? you could always slap some bondo on their for a temporary fix, but there is no substitute for doing it right the first time. trust me!

'68 type 1 Kit

I am Spiderman. (part deux)
bedlamite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago I had an old Chevy pickup with the cab corners rotted out. Filled it with Great Stuff, sliced off the excess, sanded it smooth, and painted it. It won't last more than a winter, but works for a beater you don't care about.
tacky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen to all the above. save your money and try to rent a mig welder.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: