Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lake Forest 4th of July parade thread (multi years)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's that time again!... Time for the annual Lake Forest 4th of july parade!. Last year we had 20 buses, and this year we already have 20+, but we want more!. we have a slot for up to 30, so who else would like to join us?. Our entry inc. pre-'67's and all bays through '79. It's a great time, with great people. The crowd loves our bus entry, as does the city gov. in this truly hometown event.

This is an SV2's club event, and is again this year sponsored by the Jewelry Box in LF. They graciously treat ALL participants in our entry to the pre-parade Kiwanis pancake breakfast, and in return, please provide a non-perishable food item for each participant... (this goes to the Saddleback Valley food bank).

Parade starts at 10 am and finishes by 11:30 or so, staging and check-in required by 9 am, (however if you and yours will be having breakfast w/ us, 8:30 or so is best). This is also a televised event. Light patriotic decorations are always a nice touch as well. Directly afterwards we'll take a short cruise to our post-parade potluck/picnic to relax for a bit and visit with old and new friends.

The SV2's, the city of Lake Forest and (most importantly) the parade attendees really hope you join us for this fun family event. Please e-mail me (or PM) for more detailed info., or go to SV2s.com and check the club event section. Hope to see all of you there!. Thanks in advance, Dave 714 612 8782
*Please note that last year this was held on july 3rd, this year it will be on Mon., july 4th*
*No alcohol at the parade, please*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have a few spots left.... PM me if you're interested in attending. Thanks, Dave SV2s
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
der58SC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since SV2's site is down (again Rolling Eyes ) I cannot respond there. I cannot make it this year. I would love to but with my other plans, I will cannot make it. Crying or Very sad Sorry Dave.

KCCO!!

Strictly Vintage 2s
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this William, next year. Anyone else want to come out for this? Very Happy
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not makin' it easy w/ the (SV2s) site down... PM or call me. 714 612 8782. Thanks, Dave Crying or Very sad Sad
bushaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are definetly there! Looking forward to the event. This has become my kid's 4th of July tradition!

Monday July 4th approx 8am? See ya then!

Be sure to PM everyone the specifics/reminders early this weekend, I almost forgot!

hitest wrote:
Even if completed, the abarth's gonna belch spluey all over your Eriba.
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do brian... I learned today that we are #18 in the lineup. 1st year 13?.. Last year 102 on the rotation. Off early, no wait, and time to spend w/ bro's after... I'm psyched to spend time w/ the "core"... will update daily. SV2s site is up now. Confused Cool Very Happy
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site down again... great. Rolling Eyes Confused
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site up, but screwed up. Rolling Eyes
bushaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
Will do brian... I learned today that we are #18 in the lineup. 1st year 13?.. Last year 102 on the rotation. Off early, no wait, and time to spend w/ bro's after... I'm psyched to spend time w/ the "core"... will update daily. SV2s site is up now. Confused Cool Very Happy

Nice..hopefully we'll get to pull our old economy vehicles right past those fools in the Corvettes...hahahah

hitest wrote:
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
Well it's that time again!... Time for the annual Lake Forest 4th of july parade!. Last year we had 20 buses, and this year we already have 20+, but we want more!. we have a slot for up to 30, so who else would like to join us?. Our entry inc. pre-'67's and all bays through '79. It's a great time, with great people. The crowd loves our bus entry, as does the city gov. in this truly hometown event.

This is an SV2's club event, and is again this year sponsored by the Jewelry Box in LF. They graciously treat ALL participants in our entry to the pre-parade Kiwanis pancake breakfast, and in return, please provide a non-perishable food item for each participant... (this goes to the Saddleback Valley food bank).

Parade starts at 10 am and finishes by 11:30 or so, staging and check-in required by 9 am, (however if you and yours will be having breakfast w/ us, 8:30 or so is best). This is also a televised event. Light patriotic decorations are always a nice touch as well. Directly afterwards we'll take a short cruise to our post-parade potluck/picnic to relax for a bit and visit with old and new friends.

The SV2's, the city of Lake Forest and (most importantly) the parade attendees really hope you join us for this fun family event. Please e-mail me (or PM) for more detailed info., or go to SV2s.com and check the club event section. Hope to see all of you there!. Thanks in advance, Dave 714 612 8782
*Please note that last year this was held on july 3rd, this year it will be on Mon., july 4th*

Well, it's almost here!. Plan to be at the staging area on ridge route by 8;30... 9 at the VERY latest. we are # 18 this year, so we'll be well towards the front of the parade again Cool (unlike last year) Also, if you haven't already, let me know how many w/be with you for breakfast. Don't forget a can of food for the foodbank donation for each breakfast ticket, Also, please bring something small for the potluck afterwards. Call, pm or e-mail me about anything. Dave
suebug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
Dave24 wrote:

Well, it's almost here!. Plan to be at the staging area on ridge route by 8;30... 9 at the VERY latest. we are # 18 this year, so we'll be well towards the front of the parade again Cool (unlike last year) Also, if you haven't already, let me know how many w/be with you for breakfast. Don't forget a can of food for the foodbank donation for each breakfast ticket, Also, please bring something small for the potluck afterwards. Call, pm or e-mail me about anything. Dave

Dave, please post specific directions for the place to meet up for the non-locals. Thanks!
'60 Single cab
'70 Bitchen 3-speed Schwinn
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK!... so the big day is tommorow!!!! Dancing Cool Cool Cool . It's thankfully going to be in the low to mid 80's, far nicer the the forcast earlier of 98-100+. I've pretty much got the after-parade potluck handled. it is as follows:
Myself and family will provide...
Cold chicken and spicy wings
potato salad
chips, guacamole and salsa
bean dip
watermelon, oranges and bananas
Sodas, waters, teas and lemonade
sugar cookies
and a few misc. items

Sue w/ bring cc cookies

If you'd like to bring/add something, please do (but keep it simple and small). Or if you are particular about your beverages, bring what you like. Please bring chairs if you can.

For those who have not attended before, or have forgotten the way, directions are as follows:
From points south, take the 5 north, exit El Toro rd. Right (east) on El toro to the first light, Rockfield, then left. Rockfield to the next light, Ridge Route, turn right. Past the stop sign, past muirlands, through the train tunnels, past jeronimo. We will be staging for the parade on Ridge Route, between Jeronimo and Toledo. So basically, once you've turned rt on Ridge Route, its a straight shot.

From points N, take either the 5 or 405 So., exit Lake Forest drive. Left (east) to Rockfield, rt.. To Ridge Route, left. then straight up RR east to staging area.

I will be there between 7:30-8, checkin is req'd by everone by 9. Breakfast provided by our sponsor if you'd like, please bring a non-perishable food item (foodbank donation) for each member in your group. We are #18 (early start) this year, so please be on time (if not early). Simple decorations for your bus a plus.

Directly after the parade we will Carabus over to my warehouse for the potluck. this will not be a super-long deal, so PLEASE plan on attending the after-event event. This is going to be another great time... looking forward to seeing you all there. ANY probs or questions call me @ 714-612-8782 Thanks, Dave (24) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PS- water balloons proivded for the kids, let 'em have fun and get wet!. Laughing
der58SC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude Dave you rock man!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I hope that next year LF will have the parade on the weekend and not the 4th so I can attend. Have fun everyone and bring as MANY flags as you can! Oh and lots of tie wraps.

KCCO!!

Strictly Vintage 2s
bushaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, good times were had today at the 2011 Lake Forest 4th of July Parade! We had about 14 busses, with a good showing of SV2s and Sambanistas including Dave24, Hot Dog Fred, Suebug, Boxonwheels, and more.

Special thanks to Dave for the planning, coordination, and especially the after party. We truly appreciate your and your family's hospitality!

This was our 3rd straight year rolling in the parade, and it has become something of a family tradition for us! Hope to see you next year!

hitest wrote:
suebug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great bunch of VWs and even greater people! Fun Kiwanis Pancake breakfast and July 4th parade! Dave24's after party was the coolest! Thanks to all you sv2s that traveled from far away!

'60 Single cab
'70 Bitchen 3-speed Schwinn
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool Cool Cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzmjZKSkxzQ
der58SC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
Cool Cool Cool Cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzmjZKSkxzQ

I love how we "customize" our buses in to trucks Laughing

Good turn out and plugs there! Thanks Dave for coming up with the wording for the announcers. Cool

KCCO!!

Strictly Vintage 2s
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can tell, what I wrote, and what the announcer said were a little different... it's weird when they ad-lib stuff that is wrong or way out of context. Laughing
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's that time again... Roll call? Very Happy

1. Bushaus
2. Suebug
3. Der58sc
4. Dave24
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: