Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shasta Snow Trip Official Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 451, 452, 453  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: HB babY! Reply with quote

[quote="YEOPANEL"]yeah i think im going on the MST im gonna drive a 1960 walkthru panel... how many people r goin so far?[/quo

Glad to get you stoked, bring your boards up and rip the curls out at Salmon Beach and pitch your killer products. I'm local to the Sonoma Coast and if you need a place to crash while adding a day for surfing and business, let me know.

Right now it's hard to tell, but suffice to say, at least 15 splits so far, and we're still three months out. What can I do to get you to lure other competent split-driver/mechanics? Thanks for your enthusiasm.

B
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kombisutra wrote:
campingbox wrote:
I'll be there for documentation purposes....camera in hand, ready to catch all the action.
Hopefully there will be a big turnout......

Will consider you something of a reporter, with all your excellent photography. The photographic coverage that this thing gets is really amazing. Even I'm gonna' be sporting the digital this year. Why don't more enthusiasts put on "action" events, as opposed to boring, static display-type shows?

Actually I was planning to wipe the dust off the old super-8 8mm motion picture camera to get some cool movie clips.....I was thinking about the time I projected some bus related movies on the side of a bus in the middle of the night at the Lake Havasu show....figured I'd to the same thing to help promote the Shasta Snow trip event.

kombisutra wrote:

Will be glad to meet you... What is your name?

B

My names Greg and I'll be freezing my ass off in the back of a barndoor singlecab.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:

My names Greg and I'll be freezing my ass off in the back of a barndoor singlecab.

Your riding in the back of a truck for the shasta trip? Punk fckin Rock!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SHSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
campingbox wrote:

Need a pair of Subaru Brat seats for the BD SC.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSC wrote:
crofty wrote:
campingbox wrote:

Fuuuuuckk....that would be badass.
I can see it now.....two seats flipped around backwards......the letters BRAT striped down the roll cage.....
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSC wrote:

might as well, it's such a bastard anyway
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kombisutra wrote:
Clara wrote:
I'm hoping to take the bd baja sc.. nice if there'll be a good NW contingent

Clara, I've been trying to get you guys up there for years, how can I bribe you to enlist other worthy drivers up that way? Beer? Knowing you guys will be coming from the north to Willits, I'm intending to put together a minorly challenging "North West Passage" route so you guys can have a little pre-trip adventure. I can almost guarantee that you'll be donning chains if I kick down with the route I'm thinking of. More on that later. Thanks for your enthusiasm. Thanks,

B

well, I don't have any chains that'll fit the monster mudder tires on the truck, but with the depth of tread doubt it's an issue.. Have come-along, will travel. I have some bug studded snow tires on bus 15" rims I can bring to lend out. Wonder how the trip would be going east on 58 over the cascades then down 138 past frozen over Diamond Lake (might be able to drive on it!!!!!) to go to Umpqua in the snow on the way. Laughing The NW caravan to Sac in September flailed ... but hopefully it'll work for this trip!!!
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian I KNOW you've seen that seat up in your neck of the woods!!!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
kombisutra wrote:
campingbox wrote:
I'll be there for documentation purposes....camera in hand, ready to catch all the action.

Will consider you something of a reporter, with all your excellent photography. The photographic coverage that this thing gets is really amazing. Even I'm gonna' be sporting the digital this year. Why don't more enthusiasts put on "action" events, as opposed to boring, static display-type shows?

Actually I was planning to wipe the dust off the old super-8 8mm motion picture camera to get some cool movie clips.....I was thinking about the time I projected some bus related movies on the side of a bus in the middle of the night at the Lake Havasu show....figured I'd to the same thing to help promote the Shasta Snow trip event.

kombisutra wrote:

B

My names Greg and I'll be freezing my ass off in the back of a barndoor
singlecab.

Wow Greg, I'm kombiletely stoked! Your entertainment will be most welcome... and the Barndoor... OMG we'll be sure to ensure it's safety. BTW, know that "navigators" or "hitch hikers" are welcome to freely move about from one vehicle to the next, something akin to the 1960's communal atmosphere these mountain were known for. Therefore, freezing in the back of the single cab will likely be optional.

B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kombisutra wrote:
campingbox wrote:
kombisutra wrote:
campingbox wrote:

kombisutra wrote:

B

My names Greg and I'll be freezing my ass off in the back of a barndoor
singlecab.

Wow Greg, I'm kombiletely stoked! Your entertainment will be most welcome... and the Barndoor... OMG we'll be sure to ensure it's safety. BTW, know that "navigators" or "hitch hikers" are welcome to freely move about from one vehicle to the next, something akin to the 1960's communal atmosphere these mountain were known for. Therefore, freezing in the back of the single cab will likely be optional.

B

I think I'll have to demand heat from Clara's truck.....perhaps we'll pipe in the heat through the already existent roll cage?
The idea of moving from one vehicle to another intrigues me....I think it would be nice to get some different vantage points for the photos.
Has the Shasta snop trip been featured in any magazines yet?
Perhaps I'll email the editor of Volksworld to see if they want me to write a story about it for them.....
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Brian I KNOW you've seen that seat up in your neck of the woods!!!

Well, I've got some "pretty cool" city bus seats that I removed from the 59 Hatchtop by putting a jack under em'. Pretty slick, I ripped big ol' holes in the metal as they tore loose from there bolted positions. Got to love those hippies. This one was the best too... he had the money for a Sawzall in 1970 and made this SO34 into a "walkthrough" Yeah baby! Can't touch dis!!

B
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

That's what I'm talking about.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

I know this probably isn't the best place to ask but I'd like to find some (Be cool to atleast have one to run on the spare) 6.40X15" Mud & Snow Continental tires for my '56 subhatch Westy.
According to the museum they claim it has the M-code for it.
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote
The idea of moving from one vehicle to another intrigues me....I think it would be nice to get some different vantage points for the photos.
Perhaps I'll email the editor of Volksworld to see if they want me to write a story about it for them.....[/quote]

Thrilling to hear you're a journalist too. Richard Kimbrough did a major piece for Camper And Commercial in 03 and I'm trying to get him to reprint it in some other rag here in the states, but no luck yet. We're running out of time too.

Yeah, Richard for his first year took pictures from everyone's bus but the best scene was filmed from behind my bus going up the twisted PoonkinnyRoad with him riding on the roofrack taking pictures into the clouds. It's captured on the Video that Gene Cornelious produced. He's got copies if that might help you in any prospective promotions. Your enthusiasm and publicity will be very well received! Any article ideas you can come up with are completely applauded! Contact whatever rag that will put you on assignment and let's get you hooked-up as the official jounalist covering the whole gig!

B
YEOPANEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: HB Reply with quote

yeah ill 4 sure bring up my boards...im gonna be up in san luis nov 11-13 in my panel...me and another bro are gonna go on the mst 4 sure...i jsut put in all new seals...new safars that dont LEAK!!!! new master cyl....what else all terrain tires 1600 dp with 3031 pict freeway flyer tranny...its jsut itching to get some milage...what do u suggest for getting chains that wont hit my spring plates?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote That's what I'm talking about.[/quote]

Daaaaammmmmnnnnn!!! That tread is so brutal it's making me horny, hell, with that little black cat image... oh, shit... I'm gonna' loose it!

B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kombisutra wrote:
[quote
Perhaps I'll email the editor of Volksworld to see if they want me to write a story about it for them.....

Thrilling to hear you're a journalist too. Richard Kimbrough did a major piece for Camper And Commercial in 03 and I'm trying to get him to reprint it in some other rag here in the states, but no luck yet. We're running out of time too.

Yeah, Richard for his first year took pictures from everyone's bus but the best scene was filmed from behind my bus going up the twisted PoonkinnyRoad with him riding on the roofrack taking pictures into the clouds. It's captured on the Video that Gene Cornelious produced. He's got copies if that might help you in any prospective promotions. Your enthusiasm and publicity will be very well received! Any article ideas you can come up with are completely applauded! Contact whatever rag that will put you on assignment and let's get you hooked-up as the official jounalist covering the whole gig!

B[/quote]

I remember reading Richards article about the snow trip.
He's been begging me to head up there with him for the past few years...
He wrote a pretty cool story a while back about the trip him and I took in my '57 standard through the desert on '99....I think it appeared in a couple issues of the Arizona Bus Club newsletter.
Maybe we'll "one-up" Rikki James and get some head stands on the roof rack of a bus going up the hills......did anyone else see that photo?
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: HB Reply with quote

[quote...what do u suggest for getting chains that wont hit my spring plates?[/quote]

No other solution is more logical: Mount your chains and test them to near distruction on golf courses nearby. Your freeway flyier will assitst in getting third-gear brodies around the 18th hole. Just don't fail to get pictures of it all.

Test them completely at home, that's how. Mount em' and drive around and TRY to make them rub. Know that they need to have rubber retainers that keep them from flapping around; get the strongest ones you can AND repair links. You may never need these chains, but if we do and your shit sucks, I'll have you doing pushups in the snow!

B
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
crofty wrote:

I know this probably isn't the best place to ask but I'd like to find some (Be cool to atleast have one to run on the spare) 6.40X15" Mud & Snow Continental tires for my '56 subhatch Westy.
According to the museum they claim it has the M-code for it.

I found that tire here-

https://www.universaltire.com/Default.asp

HamburgerBrad wrote:

kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B[/quote]

I remember reading Richards article about the snow trip.
He's been begging me to head up there with him for the past few years...
He wrote a pretty cool story a while back about the trip him and I took in my '57 standard through the desert on '99....I think it appeared in a couple issues of the Arizona Bus Club newsletter.
Maybe we'll "one-up" Rikki James and get some head stands on the roof rack of a bus going up the hills......did anyone else see that photo?[/quote]

Whoa, you're the infamous pilot on that incredible desert escapade! I read that and dug it... then I met Richard at Kelly Park just after you guys got here! My life's been wonderful ever since! You hard-core guys really make the world go round'!

B
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 451, 452, 453  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 453

Jump to: