Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sliding Door Adjustment
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RussellK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Sliding Door Adjustment Reply with quote

Is there an adjustment that pulls in the lower rear corner of the sliding door? I get a nice even fit everywhere but there. The rubber is about a year old. I'm tempted to trim some of the seal away and see if the door pulls in but then I've got a screwed up seal.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the door could be tweaked or you may need to set the top adjustment. That corner is usually the one spot that is off a little. Take a photo and post it if you haven't already.
waggoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just came across this. I need to adjust the top rear of my slider. SGKent: where are the adjustments located for the top?
thanks
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had several doors off various years of buses. Other than the door latch rod I can't think of any adjustments that can be made. The big issue with the doors is the rollers and the nylon block. The block wears out and can be replaced. There is a grooved roller that runs on a track and that roller sometimes breaks in half. They are replaceable. On the front top and bottom of the door are simple rollers that can be cleaned and lubed. The tracks can also be cleaned and lightly lubed. I think that as long as all the components are in good shape the door should open and close easily and fair well when closed. I'm sure that the Bentley must have info on this.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes - if you haven't replaced the nylon block you need to do this first.
RussellK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the nylon block. The door moves very smoothly on the track. Latches correctly etc. I looked at it some more and I'm leaning toward the seal being the culprit. I have a show on Sunday so I don't want to do anything drastic before then but after that I might trim the seal a little and see what that does. If the door pulls in correctly in that corner then I'll put in a new seal. So. Since oeveedub is gone who's my source for quality seals?
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellK wrote:
I replaced the nylon block. The door moves very smoothly on the track. Latches correctly etc. I looked at it some more and I'm leaning toward the seal being the culprit. I have a show on Sunday so I don't want to do anything drastic before then but after that I might trim the seal a little and see what that does. If the door pulls in correctly in that corner then I'll put in a new seal. So. Since oeveedub is gone who's my source for quality seals?

Busdepot! Wolfsburg West! BugHaus!
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellK wrote:

We used a seal from a major supplier and it is a commonly sold one. The door would barely close. I called Wolfsburg West to see what they had as Richard was out of sotock on his good ones. This was about 2 years ago. WW sent me one they said was original. It still had VW part numbers on it and looked and felt the same as the old one. Was gray instead of black from the talc VW put on it. Works awesome. Even so the lower left is always a little loose but it seals up. I played with the slider adjustments a little and it looks pretty good. Think of the whole door not just the lower left. If the lower left is out, is the top right in? Is the whole left side out etc.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: