Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

how much does a beetle body weigh?
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mal evolent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: how much does a beetle body weigh? Reply with quote

body lift coming up. want to know how much it weighs before I remove it.

Baja Bugs for Volkswagen Virgins: Index
jps1145
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

without the doors, hood, decklid, it probably weighs 250#. my son and i lifted a body off ourselves. It wasn't that tough.
My Baja
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hacked and ready to Baja, My guess is between 250 and 300 pounds.

I screwed 3/8 lag hooks into my ceiling stringers and used two 3 inch ratchet binders to lift my oval body up off the pan. (it was pretty rusty and a lot of weight loss due to no heater channels) Rolled out the old crusty pan and in with the new prepped pan, lowered it down on the new heater channels and instant baja.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: