Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

hair-brained idea, fiberglass
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
willz0072002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: i luv por 15 Reply with quote

ok....heres what i plan for my pan..

brushing por 15 on the entire pan,inside and uner, then using por 15 and fiberglass mesh mixed together, and put over the holes..the big ones will be tacked in with new metal..but the small pinholes and quarter shaped ones will be filled....then have it undercoated, and use some bedliner to roll over the por 15 on the inside...i think it will last close2 forever...and hope to see the sound improvbement...

i hauled some carpet in my square once, and i could barely hear my motor!!....on the freeway it was so quite...

.any objections?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kubel Nick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things, 1st you're covering rust holes the easy route and not the correct way, but that's your choice. I personally would replace the pans and would not buy any car with 'glass floor pan repairs that's not a project price. Do it right if you're going to do it at all IMO.

2nd, POR-15 sucks IMO. Use Rust Bullet or any other products, cheaper and more reliable than POR-15.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: