Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
Keep Mike Gamblin in your thoughts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
biggene
Samba Hillbilly


Joined: August 12, 2003
Posts: 1198
Location: Hayden, Al
biggene is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bret,

Please let Mike know that he is in our families prayers. The VW community is a small one, but the one thing that's always kept me around is the camaraderie that the members have for one another.
_________________
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.
Louis L’Amour
My 67 Build
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stale air
Samba Member


Joined: August 23, 2007
Posts: 2410
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca
stale air is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, im truly sorry to see, and hear about the accident. As fun as it is to drive a vintage vw, this type of thing, while driving is always in the back of my mind.
A speedy recovery to you, hopefully you will be able to get back behind the wheel of a vw real soon. Cool
_________________
WANTED: Henry Veale Santa Rosa plate frames
and Brittsan Motors Fresno plate frames

Wanted: Original VW Accessory front hood script

1958 L245 Type 113
1961 L87 Type 117
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tirekicker
Samba Member


Joined: October 16, 2007
Posts: 818
Location: Orange, CA
tirekicker is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck Mike. I hope for a speedy recovery.
_________________
DhK
Phuckancer


(16:45:42) Russ_Wolfe: TK, you are like a Maytag washer
(16:46:44) tirekicker: and what's a maytag washer?
(16:47:35) Russ_Wolfe: If you are not agitating, you are not working right
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j8bug
Samba Member


Joined: September 26, 2008
Posts: 1729
Location: When we were all (213) Los-Angeles
j8bug is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks bad. I was waiting for Mike on Saturday night to hangout with him and his wife. He never showed up and I thought something must have come up. When i first got word if I heard what happened to Mike my heart stopped because normally an intro like that to a phone call under the circumstances does not have a happy ending. Im just glad the guy is alive. Him and his wife are really nice people you look forward to spending time with....

Last edited by j8bug on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mikegamblin
Samba Member


Joined: April 13, 2011
Posts: 55
Location: Phoenix, AZ
mikegamblin is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Mike Gamblin here. First of all, I want to thank the air cooled VW community for being so close. When my VW friends found out what had happened, they not only checked on me, but in my wife as well. She was not with me when it happened but has gone through it all with me. My car is a '59 ORIGINAL RAGTOP, (meaning, it was not "turned into" a ragtop later on in life by some welding and painting.) Has a 1200 cc motor which amazed people to see because of the size of motorcycle engines these days. I had no gas tank indicator because all they had in 1959 was a reserve tank to let you know it was time to get more gas. I had a Bernahrd Korner roof rack that looked absolutely amazing on it with the ragtop back. I had 5 spoke Empi's on it because when I was a kid, THOSE were cool. I had the eyelids and original AM radio wired up in it and I was still running 6v. Not a whole lot of people were into that vintage of a look but I would get so many compliments at shows for doing it that way. I loved that car! It is my second beetle and it was so long between the two, I'm just trying to explore the possibilities. No matter what happens though, I'm taking everything off her. Maybe buy another or explore the opportunities still with her. Thanks for all of the input on saving her as I kind figured she was gone but know more than a few of you have started out with goners. It makes me sad to think this little car managed to survive 53 years only to have a a VW lover like me, kill her.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
euphgirl
Samba Member


Joined: December 23, 2011
Posts: 115
Location: Sac, CA
euphgirl is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikegamblin wrote:
VW lover like me, kill her.


You didnt kill her... The guy that caused the accident did! She did all she could to protect you. Good luck on the rebuild.
_________________
Ocho ~ '66 beetle, My daily driver

SST ~ Team Badfishie
2013 HBG
2014 Mendo/Trinity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
erokCom
Samba Member


Joined: March 30, 2007
Posts: 712
Location: Austin, TX
erokCom is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikegamblin wrote:
Hi everyone. Mike Gamblin here. First of all, I want to thank the air cooled VW community for being so close. When my VW friends found out what had happened, they not only checked on me, but in my wife as well. She was not with me when it happened but has gone through it all with me. My car is a '59 ORIGINAL RAGTOP, (meaning, it was not "turned into" a ragtop later on in life by some welding and painting.) Has a 1200 cc motor which amazed people to see because of the size of motorcycle engines these days. I had no gas tank indicator because all they had in 1959 was a reserve tank to let you know it was time to get more gas. I had a Bernahrd Korner roof rack that looked absolutely amazing on it with the ragtop back. I had 5 spoke Empi's on it because when I was a kid, THOSE were cool. I had the eyelids and original AM radio wired up in it and I was still running 6v. Not a whole lot of people were into that vintage of a look but I would get so many compliments at shows for doing it that way. I loved that car! It is my second beetle and it was so long between the two, I'm just trying to explore the possibilities. No matter what happens though, I'm taking everything off her. Maybe buy another or explore the opportunities still with her. Thanks for all of the input on saving her as I kind figured she was gone but know more than a few of you have started out with goners. It makes me sad to think this little car managed to survive 53 years only to have a a VW lover like me, kill her.



Hi Mike. I'm Eric. I'm very glad you're ok. Looking at those photos, I could not believe the damage to the front end. It's a scary thing. My wife and I both are very glad you are ok. Please let us know if you need anything.
_________________
[email protected]
www.1967beetle.com
1967 VW Beetle - Restoring A Vintage Volkswagen Bug
Tips, Tutorials, Classifieds, Interviews

--
Eric Shoemaker | Co-Founder, Lane Russell™
[email protected] | www.LaneRussell.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shunt1317
Samba Member


Joined: November 12, 2011
Posts: 33
Location: Loveland, Colorado
shunt1317 is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....Glad to hear you are "ok"..

Best of luck to a speedy recovery... We'll keep you and yours in our thoughts.....Take care.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
69 Jim
Samba Member


Joined: September 27, 2004
Posts: 6686
Location: Chickengeorge's Neighbor
69 Jim is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great attitude you have. Here's to a speedy recovery.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BretAZ
Samba Member


Joined: November 23, 2011
Posts: 41
Location: Surprise, Arizona
BretAZ is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!

Mike is going home today! Dancing

And he just informed me that he is going to Bugorama this weekend. d'oh!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
euphgirl
Samba Member


Joined: December 23, 2011
Posts: 115
Location: Sac, CA
euphgirl is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BretAZ wrote:
Update!

Mike is going home today! Dancing

And he just informed me that he is going to Bugorama this weekend. d'oh!


Applause Applause Applause
_________________
Ocho ~ '66 beetle, My daily driver

SST ~ Team Badfishie
2013 HBG
2014 Mendo/Trinity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j8bug
Samba Member


Joined: September 26, 2008
Posts: 1729
Location: When we were all (213) Los-Angeles
j8bug is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he is getting a pretty sweet deal from his insurance co., so he wants to be back in a VdUb very very soon...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
euphgirl
Samba Member


Joined: December 23, 2011
Posts: 115
Location: Sac, CA
euphgirl is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j8bug wrote:
And he is getting a pretty sweet deal from his insurance co., so he wants to be back in a VdUb very very soon...


Dancing Dancing Dancing
_________________
Ocho ~ '66 beetle, My daily driver

SST ~ Team Badfishie
2013 HBG
2014 Mendo/Trinity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2013, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB