Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Formuling France steering wheel
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
videoguy009
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Formuling France steering wheel Reply with quote

Can anyone verify that this is a Formuling France steering wheel?It is ad number 1285364 under formuling france in the search box and is for a 74-79 super beetle.It has a M in the center of the horn button.Somehow I don't think it is.Maybe the M stands for Momo.
TjdTaylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think that it is a REAL fomula france, but is a formula france replica. Just goina warn you with a steering wheel, anything other than the stock wheel, or anything under 400mm (16 inches) will obstruct your veiw of the top of the speedo. I have a 74 sunbug, take it from me.

Ill post the pic for you
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Beetle Bums VW Club Member

Jamies74sb wrote:
I can't see myself cutting up my super beetle . Maybe a oval or 61 or so with the small windows
videoguy009
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought so because I bought a wheel identical to this one and it does not say Made in France on it like other formuling ones do.One neat thing is it did not require an adapter as it is a direct fit for 74-79 supers.I do have some restrictions at the top of my speedo as this is a 14" wheel versus a stock 16" but I can live with it.It is a very nice wheel but I figure the seller(same seller and probably the same wheel as he did not delist it) owes me some sort of credit as the wheel is not as advertised or is it really worth that money because of the unique fit.Any thoughts on this?
ovalshark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: formuling Reply with quote

I just looked at the one in the garage and it has the word "formuling" embossed in the front of bottom spoke. I have only had 2 , both that way. I don't know if they were all that way or not, just thinking mabey they were.
Joel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be knock offs, all the original Formuling France wheels had 9 bolt hubs not 6 like that.

I've still got my original one somewhere, it costs more to recover them than what they are worth.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: