Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Which Air Bags for my 69 IRS?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Which Air Bags for my 69 IRS? Reply with quote

I'm working on putting air bags on my 69 IRS and am using something similar to the Airkewld set up for the IRS. Has anyone done this type of set up and can tell me what air bags you used? My set up is for single port bags, but if any one has dimensions or specs. of their specific bags, ( height hole spacing, etc..) I would appreciate the input. Also what size air tubing are you using? I want my set up to be as efficient as possible...

Thanks All.......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jerry Hundley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need 2500 bags. Thats what I run on my 66. Its swingaxle but should be the same. 1/2 airline is the best. are you going to run manual or electric valves

Because Stock Sucks!!!!
70 baywindow deluxe
65 slammed bug
69 bug
64 drag buggy
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't decided about the switches yet, but yea I was thinking about running the 2500's. Do you find the 1/2'' lines help with the speed of air going the bags? What size tank do you have ? And while I'm asking type of compressor are you running?

Thanks again for any and all help......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jerry Hundley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im running manual valves now with 1/4 air line and it is sloooowwwwww. I have electric valves Im getting ready to install with 1/2 line. I am vair 280 compressor with a 1 gallon tank. The tank is no where big enough.

Because Stock Sucks!!!!
70 baywindow deluxe
65 slammed bug
69 bug
64 drag buggy
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I think your tank may be too small. I was told I could run a 5 gallon tank. But the air supply or the compressor has to keep up! So I have to see what will work. Is there any way you could post some pics of you set up? It would be a great help. Right now I'm just measuring where my plates need to go so I can tack weld them in place and cut my Lower control arms. My measurements have to be perfect.

Thanks a heap Jerry............
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: