Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Unofficial Baywindow Cop Story Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Border Patrol count?

Back in 1991, I owned a '71 walkthrough. with that bus, I sold toys at the swap meet during Christmas. All the leftover toys, I would donate to an orphanage in Ensenada, Mexico. On our return trip, after we deivered they toys and a night of partying, we crossed the border at Otay Mesa into San Ysidro and we were sent to secondary inspecton because we were on a bus and looked like crap. The Border Agent could not believe we were not bringing anything back from Mexico and forced the poor K-9 into the hot engine compartment (remember it takes two hours to cross). He must have radioed San Clemente, because the same thing happened there. After they cleared us and let us go. Good Times!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Paying more for normal things doesn't make the world better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up in Cayce South Carolina, a suburb of Columbia. Our cops were famous all thru the Greater Metro area for being unpleasant and underquilified. A few favorites are...
At a stop light on 13th st. which is a three way intersection. Cop pulled up behing me and hit the lights. I put on my signal and pulled into a small used car lot. He wanted to know why I did not have my signal on untill he put the light on. Well sir, I was going stright. He said he didn't like my attitude and searched the bus. It was a tuesday night. I know it was beacuse I was dressed in my full class A Boy Scout uniform.
Once for non-operational front marker lights. The're reflectors.
One 'can I help you' while I was waist deep in the engine compartment fixing a busted throttle cable. I fixed it. When I climbed out he was looking under the drivers seat. I knew all the other doors were locked. I waited for him to walk to the other side, locked the drivers door as well and asked him to call the captain on duty.
Pulled once for a non working tag lamp. He asked if he could have look inside. I consented that time but took the drivers seat with me to make his life a little easier and have a comfy place to sit while he tossed my car.
It has been searched so many times I now keep an open letter under the drivers saet that begins,
'Dear law breaking pig, you are conducting a non-consentual and Ilegal search of my vehicle'...and ends with 'Internal affairs will be notified soon.'
And the one time I was up to no good....they let me go.....
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I have been driving my 69 regularly since 85 there have been many stops. Some have been respectfully handled, others have been unwarranted harassment and false arrest. I just got pulled over with "ma" coming back from groceries early in the evening. I passed a state trooper parked along side the state highway and he quickly jumped on my ass and hit the lights. I pull over and he shines the LED flash light right in my eyes...looking for ??? a pie-eyed driver? He realizes I am older and just wants paperwork. His "cause", tail light out..I check it when I get home, it was working. Amendment 64 has taken the steam out of their usual M.O. of revenue collection and ruining working peoples' lives based on profiling. Bound to cover just a little more ground....
blacktruck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

friend of mine had a 69,it was not operational.So Kev Pete and I tow this beast from north beach to ocean beach(not too damn close)
Parked it, obtained some alcohol for our resident old guy(pete).
Then the man shows up on his cool little dirt bike....
I'm 18 kev is 17 and yes the girls were 17.Pete got accused of statutory Rolling Eyes
Kev and I were arrested and never charged,the officers driving us to the station were puzzled why we had a baggie of "chalk"and kindly kept it out the conversations at the station Shocked
I guess drinking near cars is illegal(or was)
Pete's charges were dropped.
pdlstl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up in a small N. Texas town. After graduating in 1970, I was given a brand spanking, new 1970 bay (9 passenger). I picked it up at the local dealershio with a whopping 7 miles on the clock!

Well, I immediately had a female friend make curtains, took out the middle seat and had a local place install a new Motorola 8 track with 4 speakers! I was rolling!

On a trip to a specialty "smoking" establishment in a nearby large city, I purchased a small peace sign for the back window. This particular decal had the stars and stripes inlaid in the open spaces of the peace sign. Living large at that point!

In our small town there was several pretty cool, older cops who weren't really out to give anyone a hard time. But we had that one young, hard-nosed, no quarter given, pr*ck who lived to give young people a hard time.

One day, he pulled me over around mid-afternoon and proceeded to inform me that my peace sign qualified as desecration of the American flag. Although I felt ready to debate this, I also know there was some green leafy substance in the bus and I didn't want him nosing around in it.

So, after he said he was going to stand there until I scraped it off, what was poor fellow to do? I was 18 and didn't want a hassle so I took my pocketknife out and in about 5 minutes had it removed to his satisfaction.

Man, I wish I still had that bus, It was quite the "concertwagon" as up to eight could ride to the nearby large cities and the riders basically paid for my gas and sometimes even a free ticket!

Fast forward to 2013...

About three weeks ago I got my second bus. A '78 bay walkthough. I'm 60 now and on my maiden voyage through the same little town I grew up in, I got my first peace sign shot at me. I felt 18 again!
chrisd1891
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 4 years ago, a bunch of friends and I headed down to Ocean Shores, WA our senior year of high school. Down at Ocean Shores, you can drive on the beach. The beach, however, is classified as a highway, so all the regular rules of the road apply (read: seatbelts). So we were driving along the beach, and my friends were standing up through the pop top, which didn't have any canvas...it hacked pop top. Sunny day, wind in faces, it was great.

Anyway, sure enough, I got pulled over. Shit.

"Son, are you aware that this is a Washington State highway?"
"Oh, sorry officer, I didn't know that"
"License, registration, and proof of insurance please..."
So I give him all my papers, and it turns out my insurance card had expired two weeks prior (still had insurance though). So things aren't looking good.

"Son, do you know that this is a $500 ticket, plus tickets for each passenger not wearing a seat belt?"
I gulped. So he walks back to his car and stays back there for what feels like an eternity. Then he slowly starts walking back up to my window.

"What year is this Volkswagen from?" he says, to which I reply that it's a 1969. Then he says "Well, I used to have a '72. You have a nice day, and wear your seatbelts." and then he hands me back my papers. I was speechless.

And here's the proof...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Admin at Aircooled Rescue. Register to help out your fellow VW folks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got pulled over recently on my way to a Bus Gathering....

i was trying to ditch a guy i knew who i didnt like, and in the process was speeding in between traffic and going maybe 10 over. i pull up to the next light and look over on the side of the road, and this cop is looking right at me. i point at myself and he nodded....oops. so i pulled over and he pulls in behind me after the light changed. he asked me where i was headed, and why i was speeding (after checking the usual) and i told him i was on my way to Dicks Burgers up the road to meet up with a bunch of other busses....

he said "i bet you didnt think you could go that fast huh? to which i replied not really (i totally have tested top speed before obviously...Rolling Eyes)

then he said: enjoy your gathering and have a milkshake for me" and then left. i was laughing the whole way there Laughing

MINE - 1978 Westfalia ~ Maisy ~
DAD's - 1972 Westfalia ~ Sticky ~
1971 Squareback
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Greezy Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Here's mine, back about 73 or 74 I was traveling in my 70 Camper with my girl friend and a Big Tom Cat from Colorado to Alabama. Somewhere in the Boot Heel of Missouri about 2 in the morning I was at a 5 way intersection and trying to figure out which road to take when a town cop pulls up, gets out and tells me to follow him to the cop shop. Puts the Girl Friend in the cop car and away we went, me with a bag of reefer in my lap Confused, which I was able to throw out on the way. He puts us in a cell where we got scabies, tells us there have been HIPPIES stealing stuff around the town and took a K-9 out to the bus to check it for drugs. Well we heard the sliding door open, that's about the time the Big Tom Cat jumped on the K-9's face and sent it down the road yelping for 2-3 blocks. Well he found 200 bucks we had stashed, came back in and let us go. I still don't like going thru Missouri to this day.
12 Jeep Wrangler
73 Harley FLH 93 cid
89 Harley 883 Sportster (1200)

Owned before: 58, 69 Ghia Coupes, 64 Canvas Sunroof, 68, 72, 73, & 74 Bugs, 63 Single Cab, 65 Bus, 66 & 70 Camper
" I can fix anything but stupid".
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: