Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'60 Paint code?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: '60 Paint code? Reply with quote

Hey all, trying to go all correct my '60 resto...Regarding int. items such as e-brake handle, shifter, steering column, etc. Is there a factory paint code for this beige color...or do I just take it down and try for a match? Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nimbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/colors/bug60.htm
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: been there... Reply with quote

The W/West charts only show a beige (Stone Beige) for the rim outer...nothing for the int parts...is it the same...or close enough???-Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nimbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure...sorry.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get your hands on a Vintage Parts catalog circa 1993, it had a comprehensive color listing regarding those interior ancillaries. Can't be positive on the 60, but here's the correct colors for earlier cars:

1949-53 Beige
1954-55 Light Beige
1956-57 Beige
1958-59 Stone Beige
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Stone beige Reply with quote

I'll prob just go with the Stone Beige and roll with it...Thanks for the info...For a hot chick, you sure know your stuff!
Downtown Brown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: been there... Reply with quote

KantDriveFast wrote:
The W/West charts only show a beige (Stone Beige) for the rim outer...nothing for the int parts...is it the same...or close enough???-Thanks
Looking in "Garwood" hes got L 471 Stone Beige on interior(deluxe) and L 87 Pearl White on inner wheel rim with the outer wheel rim a contrasting (to body)color. What color is the body?
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: ext color Reply with quote

Factory sticker shows L 451 Indiana Red. W/West shows a Brown/beige combo for the wheels, but I'm going with the body color on the outers like you mentioned. Thanks for the info.
Downtown Brown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contrasting body colors on wheels I was talking about are close to body color but slightly different depending on the color - usually darker ( brown,blue,green ect) I'm not familiar with L 451 Garwood calls it Indian Red with the Wheel outer rim L450 Light Brown and the wheel inner L 87 Pearl White , sedan only. Good luck on your search...
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info...I've seen L 451 listed as "Indian Red" and "India Red", but the sticker in my trunk says "L 451 Indiana " Go Figure?
Downtown Brown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd believe what the STICKER SAYS now as to translating that ....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: