Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who bought the 1984 dehler Profi in St. Paul (update)
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiicosyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Who bought the 1984 dehler Profi in St. Paul (update) Reply with quote

This was recently sold by a sad excuse of a man.

Whoever purchased this I will pay you more than you did. This van was promised to me by the seller and was a birthday present to my wife.

Thanks for your help

edit: i suppose i may as well add the dialogue:

tiicosyncro
To:

Posted:
Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:32 am
Subject:

Hi there, I was wondering if the van sold or if you just removed it?

To:
tiicosyncro (Online)
Posted:
Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:00 am
Subject:

Hi There,

Nope, it didn't sell yet, I have it in storage for the winter, and will be re-posting it for sale in March or April-

tiicosyncro

Posted:
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:46 am

Thanks,
I thought that was the case from your comments. When time allows id like to ask ya a few questions about your van.

cyrus

thank you,

**Phone conversation took place

To:
tiicosyncro (Online)
Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:52 am
Subject:

Hi yes, very busy these days- I can take some pictures for you of the sunroof- basically, the original blew off on the highway, because it wasn't latched, and was replaced with a home depot bubble sunroof and screwed down to the top. Doesn't leak, but does not open, either- let's in tons of light- would be nice to replace with the original, but when I tried to get one from Germany, I couldn't find one-

It may be awhile, but glad you are interested- yes, it runs and drives- I wouldn't feel comfortable saying it would make it to North Dakota, it will need some work- I just drove it around the neighborhood here a few times last summer. I'd recommend being prepared to rent a vehicle trailer from Uhaul, they're not that expensive, but I'd want you to come and check it out, first. I'm not trying to rip anyone off, so I won't sell it to someone who has not come and met me in person- thanks,

**2 Attempts were made to go out and see the van and got no reply

**Now 7 months later

rom:
tiicosyncro
To:

Posted:
Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:51 am
Subject:

hi there,

we chatted a while back about selling the van, did you decide to keep it or still consider selling.

thanks,

tiicosyncro (Online)
Posted:
Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:06 am
Subject:

Hello,

It's up for sale- I re-posted it about 2 weeks ago, locally: craigslist postl

I lowered the price because it sprung a coolant leak, so although we could take it for a drive around the block to make sure you can see that the transmission works, the brakes work, and it runs well, whomever buys it should trailer it home, so they don't overheat & blow the engine.

If you want to chat about it, Sunday might work- I have two boys in baseball tournaments starting tonight, so not much time today/tomorrow- Feel free to give me a call at ***-***-**** if you want to talk about it, thanks,

**thought it was interesting that we had discussed the purchase and I made attempts to drive out on two occasions that were ignored but he relisted it locally, it had been up for two weeks, then after my PM to him he decided to repost in the samba classifieds

**Had a good phone conversation then tried to call back 2 hours later to work out details and got voicemail

tiicosyncro
To:

Posted:
Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:20 pm
Subject:

i've been bugging you since january about this, im thinking it was a sign i randomly searched this morning and saw you posted it again. this is my wifes favorite and would be the perfect birthday gift.

please return my call

thanks,
cyrus

To: **********************
Subject: Re: More pics

hey there

thanks for the pics, ill try to make this an easy transaction so it doesnt take any time on both of our parts.

would you take $2100

i dont have to see it, my wife and i drive vanagons for our daily drivers and i know what this project is gonna take. (essentialyl a full rebuild)

i can have a transport company pick it up so i dont have to take time off, it works better for me this way. since it would be out of state we would not have to transfer a title all you have to do is send the title and let the dmv know the vehicle has been sold.

give me a call when you can so we can discuss.

thanks,

cyrus
----- Original Message -----
Sent: 08/04/13 05:59 PM
To: cyrus

Hey Cyrus,

Sorry for the delay in response- Like I said, busy weekend with two boys in baseball tournaments.

Yeah, I'd take $2100 for it, I don't want to mess around too much, and it sounds to me like it would be going to a good home. I don't want it to go to someone that won't appreciate it, and it'd be great to see it get back into regular use by someone.

We can talk this week, evenings would be best, to figure out the details- but I'm fried right now, so talk soon-

Let me know how you wanna do the payment. We can do electronic, Paypal, or I can send a check. I just spoke to the transport guys and they said it'd be 3-4 weeks for pickup as they would wait for something else in that area to load also.

Take care,

Cyrus,
**No reply and add was taken down

To: *********************

please dont tell me you sold this,

From***************
Sent: 08/06/13 10:37 AM
To: cyrus Subject: Re: More pics

Yeah, I sold it to you, right?

We'll square away the details, I'll call you tonight- just pulled the ad because I was getting a lot of inquiries, and don't want to waste people's time.

No worries, I'd have let you know, gotta get back to work, though

**no phone call

gotcha, i ifeel better now. i told a friend about it and he called back and said the post was deleted.

To*************************>

i have a transport lined up, just need you to get back to me. ASAP please

Sent: 08/07/13 01:11 PM
To: cyrus Subject: Re: More pics

Hey Cyrus,

On the road for work- I'd take a check- for logistics/planning for the transport company my address, where the van is:

Like I said, I'm not in a hurry to sell it, don't need to rush anything, thanks,

no worries,

i understand your busy, sounds like your work is more demanding than mine.

my appologies if you feel rushed, i got a call from the transport company and they asked when they could pick it up. that area doesnt see a ton of pickups so it is often someone just passing thru that says ill be there in a few days type of thing. id like to find out when you will be around so i can have them pick it up. i got a great rate from this company and would like to take advantage of it, otherwise it will cost me double or more.

give me a shout when you can so we can discuss details.

thanks,

**two phone calls followed, no response

would i be able to come out and conclude this matter friday aug/9th?

**At this point I had to give a deposit for the transport

I am out of the office until Monday August 12th. For immediate sales assistance, please contact ***********************
Thanks,

**Now I get the Id rather not deal with you vibe from an auto reply

i got your auto reply this morning, hopefully we can touch base next week. all im trying to do is get things planned for my wifes birthday on the 26th, sorry if this is turning into a hassle but all could have been avoided with a simple phone call letting me know when someone could pick up the van. i have tried to make this as easy as possibly for both of us, i have been in contact with you since jan. with interest in the van. if your in no hurry to sell then why even list it at all?

the previous attempts ive made to come out and see the van have been ignored so i figured might as well make an offer sight unseen to make the process quick and painless. im sure we both know how many thousands of dollars it is going to take for this to become a dependable vehicle. realistically this is a 1500 van in the condition it sits yes, it has a profi top but it has broken pieces inside and out that are extremely hard to find.

as with everything in life communication is key, if you were not ready to deal with a sale then why waste peoples time, i could have had this finalized last thursday or friday when you stopped answering the phone for some reason. i get that your busy but you have really made this harder than what it needs to be by not answering my calls or returning them.

if your still willing to sell the van heres all you have to do literally

take my money

sign the title

leave the van parked in front of your house unlocked with the keys and title in it

simple as that,

you dont have to be there whatsoever, once money has been exchanged we are done and it becomes my responsibility.

although you express no shenanigans in your add and commented about pulling the add not to waste other peoples time that is exactly what you are reciprocating. as stated above a simple phone call could have had your money in hand within the day, at which point all you had to do was park it streetside which would have taken a few minutes.

*** his response below

If you want it, come and get it. Now I'll take cash, and cash only. You have my address. I am available evenings after 6 p.m. this week and next. Also the weekend of the 17th-18th, and the 31st-1st.

If you want it, come get it. I'll re-list it locally on the 1st, if you don't.

**the above message was sent in the A.M. on a monday and his wife signed the fedex package that contained the check at 2pm Monday

**I was busy with work and the below message is what I got on wednesday

I received a check, but won't cash it- You called me from a North Dakota phone number, the fedex letter has a WA return address, and it's an Arizona bank on the Cashier's check, and we've never met. Sorry, that's just too many things that don't make sense.

Like I said, if you want the van, I'll take cash and cash only. I'd prefer that you look at the van first, and decide if it's what you really want, but if you want to send cash with the transport company, that works too.

I'll wait awhile longer, but will re-list it on September 1. *****

**This s a certified bank issued check by the way
whats weird is you not answering the phone. here i am unable to communicate with a guy thats trying to sell something and i send him 2k, if anyone should think something isnt right its me. are you scared for some reason? like i said ive been trying to buy this from you since january. do you really think a criminal is going to put in so much effort. i tried to give you cash, you decided not to answer the phone and email. i dont care to look at the van it is a waste of time for me and just to make things even more weird the van is going from your house to maine. wow the story gets better. if you would call me i could help you understand

you could have had cash in hand two weeks ago, when you would not respond. no more than 3 months ago i gave a guy $**,000 for a VW that i never went to see. i transferred the money directly from my account to his. two days later a transport truck cam to pick it up and it went to my mechanic in edmonds wa (poorbug). if you would like to contact him i am more than happy to give you his number.

bank of americas west coast office is based in arizona

seroiously, what is the issue here? so you say we never met ive been trying to set up a date since january. you want cash i tried that too, you wont answer. so where do we go from here?

i can face time you and show you my passport and driver license if you wish.

**as you can see im clearly not trying to hide anything

you can always take it to your bank and verify, they will call on the spot to confirm.

you could even take it to the police and tell them some guy is trying to give you money but you refuse to take it. let me know what they say.

your wife **** signed for the delivery @ 2pm on monday. should i conduct business with her?

***Alright, sorry for being a skeptic, but been burned on a car sale in the past. I'm going to take a leap of faith. When can the transport company pick up the van? Ill make sure it's ready. Do you want the Bentley manual too? Happy to throw it in but if you have multiple copies already ill give it to someone.

***then of course you all read the above.

Wow to say the least,

Last edited by tiicosyncro on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:00 am; edited 2 times in total
alijonny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing worse than not getting something you were promised... sorry to hear that.

Last time that happened, I went on Ebay and placed a bid on a car. I was clearly the winner because my bid was higher than anyone else's bid. (basically put in a bid for $15k on a car that was never going to hit $3500) I WANTED THAT CAR. The MORON ended the auction with me still as the highest bidder and sold it to someone else. He claimed someone came to him with cash. Evil or Very Mad
He had another car on Ebay, I put in a bid for $40k someone was shill bidding and got real close to my max. I won and didn't follow thru. I heard thru another source that he had someone else making fake bids to increase price. I led him on for a week or so telling him I was sending money. He finally understood what was happening and got real pissed. Laughing

Childish? yes. But it was justice in my eye. I wish I could have strung him along for a while more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Who bought the 1984 dehler Profi in St. Paul Reply with quote

tiicosyncro wrote:

Whoever purchased this I will pay you more than you did. This van was promised to me by the seller and was a birthday present to my wife.

Thanks for your help

Why not just to go to PM with the original seller? He posted photos of the Dehler in the gallery.

Then you don't have to share the why didn't I get my van story.

That Vanagon was for sale for what 6 months and for some rediculous price of $2500.00 or something, why not just send him the money and have it shipped.

I never wait on Vanagons because it only ends in regret...
tiicosyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Who bought the 1984 dehler Profi in St. Paul Reply with quote

Gruppe B wrote:
tiicosyncro wrote:

Thanks for your help

Why not just to go to PM with the original seller? He posted photos of the Dehler in the gallery.

Then you don't have to share the why didn't I get my van story.

That Vanagon was for sale for what 6 months and for some rediculous price of $2500.00 or something, why not just send him the money and have it shipped.

I never wait on Vanagons because it only ends in regret...

i can assure you i did not wait, i had a transport unit lined up and cash at his front door within 3 days. he was not ready for someone to move as quickly as i did. so at this point i payed the transport company $100 deposit and a courier $100 to exchange the money/title. so there goes $200. after that plan was foiled and the transport was long gone, i had to wait on another so we agreed for me to send a check. i sent a cashiers made out to the owner and let him know i was just waiting on a transport truck to be in that area and i would let him know to make arrangements. he returned my check with no explanation and today when i inquired if i could just drive out with cash he said it had been sold. so all in all im out $223 and a month and a half of aggrevation. so again i want this van if the new owner wants to give it up let me know.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's messed up

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
tiicosyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the original post with dialogue, I figure if this guy is still in the van community it might serve As a warning to proceed with caution
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiicosyncro wrote:
I updated the original post with dialogue, I figure if this guy is still in the van community it might serve As a warning to proceed with caution

That is supposed to be done in the feedback forum and posting pmail is against the policy of this forum.
I have been called on it, as well as others.
Please post feedback for your seller.
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or use the whine thread.
Ladybird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was,nt ment to be let it go...
mr. c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually involved in threads that disappear.

Here's to keeping that trend going.

By the way...it's "damping," not "dampening." Laughing
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to feedback area.

Yes, if you want to leave feedback for someone, include their name/email in the title.
If you want advice, it's fine as-is.

I would add a summary at the top because most people are not going to read all that text and emails.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jamfjason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: and I gave you until September 1st to arrange transport- Reply with quote

and you did not, so I returned your check. Sorry, not my fault you didn't plan for expensive transportation, you knew where the van was when you made an offer.

And in case you are unaware, cashier's checks are frequently used by scammers. That is why I specified cash from day 1.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alijonny wrote:
nothing worse than not getting something you were promised... sorry to hear that.

Last time that happened, I went on Ebay and placed a bid on a car. I was clearly the winner because my bid was higher than anyone else's bid. (basically put in a bid for $15k on a car that was never going to hit $3500) I WANTED THAT CAR. The MORON ended the auction with me still as the highest bidder and sold it to someone else. He claimed someone came to him with cash. Evil or Very Mad
He had another car on Ebay, I put in a bid for $40k someone was shill bidding and got real close to my max. I won and didn't follow thru. I heard thru another source that he had someone else making fake bids to increase price. I led him on for a week or so telling him I was sending money. He finally understood what was happening and got real pissed. Laughing

Childish? yes. But it was justice in my eye. I wish I could have strung him along for a while more.

Laughable justice to me...you didn't get the car in the initial story you told, and while frustrating, at least you weren't out any money. Instead, you took the childish route. Pretty weak.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jamfjason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Dehler for sale again- Reply with quote

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5053173097.html
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: