Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking For Our Family Manx
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoneWolf8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking still........
LoneWolf8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still Looking
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have ANY pictures of the car at all?? That would do you the most good.

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RedBaronofRedBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try an ad in the paper or maybe an ad on Craig's list? pictures of it would help greatly to id it too.

Hope you find it!

My two pennies…your mileage may vary

I’m not a complete idiot, there are parts missing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bruces
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since you don't know anything about it ,how will you be able to identify it if you find one ?clearly this is just as bad as the kooky lady looking for the guy named bill that had a yellow dunebuggy she once saw in 1974 .
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did have a picture posted when you started this thread its disappeared. 1969 could have been either a Manx 1 or a Manx 2. Did it have a battery and spare tire well or a flat back seat? The thicker body sounds like a Manx 1.

Have you considered building a replica of your first one? There a $600 Manx 1 body in the Samba ads that would look great in new gold flake. If your Dad is still around, I'm sure he'd love to see a new one built, so would your kids if you have any.

I've always found that the easiest way to find something like a Manx or a vintage motorcycle is to get one and drive it around. People come up to you and tell you about the one their father or brother had/has.

Last edited by BL3Manx on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is a haul from PA, but consider coming to Oktobugfest in Monroe on November 9th. There will be more people in one place at that event who might know something about your car than anywhere else at any other time other than perhaps the Vintage Meet in July.

Join Cascade Kombis and/or PNW VW Club and start networking. You will either find your car or find out you can't find your car. Given the long post history on your thread, its clearly of long term interest to you, so give it some more time while you expand your local sources for info.

Not a lot of us on this forum from the PNW, given the climate here. My guess is that you are more likely to get positive results using the resources and methods suggested above.
bcmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: family manx Reply with quote

i have a registry from 2006 and there is only 16 of that 07e in California and 1 in Washington.the 16 are a mix of styles of the manxes
LoneWolf8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Still looking, if anyone has any information. There were pictures when I posted this thread. I'll have to find them again and repost them. Bruces, I built this car with my father through all the changes and upgrades. Plus, there are secret markings on the car that will tell me if it is the right one. I only need to find a few to check. Thanks again all for your help.
AMAC1680
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Wow kudos for hanging with this for a six years, better man than I.
Since the 90s any buggy may have been cut, slashed, trashed or rebuilt ground up.

I had the urge to find a 65 mustang my dad and I rebuilt in the late 70s. Never found that stang but decided to build one just like it.

I know it's not the same exact car but every time I see it , I see dad.

AMAC
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Hi LoneWolf8,

I am sure that the chances of finding your old dune buggy are slim and none, but stranger things have happened. Your original posting did contain an image of the dune buggy in question, but that link is no longer available. It may be best for you to post any images that you do have directly to the samba.com's website, the directions can be found here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

After posting images to the samba.com, use the same directions that you used before to include photos in your updated posts.

Also, you may want to try to contact any listed VW clubs that are currently in the Seattle area. Go to the top of this page, hover over Community, click on Clubs, and then choose Washington (for example). Best of luck in your search.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
LoneWolf8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Thanks Guys,
I'm going to keep looking. I had a friend that found his parents old Woody in Costa Rica, shipped it home and rebuilt it. I think it will one day show up. No one in their right mind would scrap a Manx, but there are a lot of people not in their right minds nowadays. I've reposted the pics at the top of beginning of the thread. The Orange/Gold Metal Flake is the original color, and the Red is what is was colored the last time I saw it. Under the dash it should still be the Orange/Gold Metal Flake.
LoneWolf8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Bump! Laughing
LoneWolf8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Bump
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

LoneWolf8 wrote:
Bump

Man, still looking eh? That is dedication. You should give John at Morris Race Engines a call. He has been building VW engines in Gorst (Bremerton area) for a long time. He might have crossed paths with it. ‭(360) 479-2457‬
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LoneWolf8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Bump! The pics of this car are on the first page, first post of this thread. At least they still are for me. Hope they still are for you. Very Happy
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Did you ever get ahold of John and see if he knew of it? Also, are you on facebook? You should post on the Manx Club page with photos about it. Also on the PNW Dune Buggy Club page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LoneWolf8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Thanks Caleb. I took a break on looking for a few months and have not called John as of yet, but will do so. Good idea on Facebook. I'll have to see if I still have an account, it's been awhile.
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Here are the two groups to make it easier on you. I'd post your story and the photos from your original post on each of these.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/manxclub/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/256402715140462/
LoneWolf8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For Our Family Manx Reply with quote

Bump Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: