Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Visiting Berlin, 27 November - 2 December
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Visiting Berlin, 27 November - 2 December Reply with quote

Hello friends from abroad,

I'm travelling to Berlin for work next week. I plan on doing some sightseeing in Berlin and catching the train out to see the Wolfsburg factory and VW Museum. I've done some searching throughout the Samba and elsewhere on the web, but haven't been able to find many good links to a calendar of events or something similar for the greater Berlin area. It would be fun to meetup with a club or show. Any hints or suggestions?

Also, is there a German/Berlin equivalent of Craigslist where I might be able to find some used parts? It seems like the actual Berlin Craigslist is quite underused.

Much thanks!

Oscar: 1976 Westfalia Deluxe Camper, 2.0L FI, Manual Transaxle
oorwullie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigslist in europe is generally full of ads for "very attractive" south american laydees searching for a meaningful relationship with a swiss banker and suchlike.

really the only place your going to find any aircooled related ads will be ebay.de (generally overpriced repro parts) and the various VW club forums like :

www.bulli.org ( your avatar shows a bay window)

events etc will be rare at this time of year, you could try : www.bugnet.de

where there's various clubs etc. listed.

ps,

parts are cheaper in the USA from what i see! Wink
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did look at those sights and was surprised by some of the prices. I figured the weather was going to put a damper on any events, but sometimes you never know. Thanks for the feedback!

Oscar: 1976 Westfalia Deluxe Camper, 2.0L FI, Manual Transaxle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: