Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need help tonight before ordering parts
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twinturboz23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Need help tonight before ordering parts Reply with quote

Ok guys let me first off by saying that I have been searching and searching and can't find my answers. I picked up a airboat with what I was told a vw 1600cc motor. Now it starts and runs fine other than sputtering out the right side at high rpm. Did a compression test and it had 90-30-120-90. So I'm going to order cylinders, pistons, push tubes and a gasket kit but I'm not sure what type I have. On the the bottom on each side of the motor it's stamped 2BR Brazil 000.101.102.2 and has the Vw symbol. There's another spot new the dipstick that is stamped 3805. All I know is its dual port with weber 34 ict carbs. Looking to order parts tomorrow so I need help figuring if I have type one or two. I read a topic on here and it said BZ is a 1600 gas van but that's it. Any help would be great. Thanks
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all the same size as far as the cases go. At least the 1600's But what you have to look for are modifications, for example you could have 85.5 mm Piston and cylinders which is stock 1600 cc actually 1584cc or you could have a 1641 which are 87 mm pistons and cylinders.
I would take it apart before ordering parts. You may be able to fix it with just fly cutting the heads and putting in some copper head gaskets. I would change all 4 Pistons and cylinders and fly cut the heads for 88mm thickwalls! (same as for the 90.5/92 mm bore) to give you a 1679cc engine. You should cc the heads and mock things up for a deck height measurement if you have the heads fly-cut so you can set the compression right! Probably around 7.5:1 for a stock engine.
http://www.cbperformance.com/v/enginecalc.html
http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Piston-Cylinder-Set-88mm-x-69mm-Slip-In-p/vw8800t1k.htm
Twinturboz23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found a place near me that sells the 85.5 pistons, cylinders, gasket kits and push tubes so I'm just gonna do it that way because I'd like to just run this motor a little longer till I can upgrade to a bigger boat or a bigger motor.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: