Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hi from Australia
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussie67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Hi from Australia Reply with quote

G'day all!
I'm Chris, a young guy from Queensland, Australia. I'm new to The Samba so I thought I should introduce myself and my car, everyone calls him Sid.
Here are a few photos of my Lotus White 1967 Beetle, still all original.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Fishynos72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ride,
Welcome to the greatest online vw resource

If you're ever dubbing it down south let me know

1972 1302
1973 type2a
1957 type11
2005 Caddy panel van
2006 Golf R32
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dakdak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day Chris,

Nice Bug. Keep it as is and you'll enjoy it no end!!

JFK
PFN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's bloody nice. 67s are of great interest. There seem to be a lot of good QLD Beetles and VWs in general around at the moment. Very Happy

(gone now)
1964 RHD Conversion Karmann Ghia
1956 RHD Beetle
1972 Kombi
Andy P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Beetle, Chris.
People don't realise that the older shape is disappearing.
Pre-68 Beetles which used to go for cheap now can't be had inexpensively anymore, even those with rust and lacking a drivetrain.
Don't let your little jewel go.

'62 Beetle

Jägdwagen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Aussie67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Mine is nice on the outside, little bit rough underneath, but I still love it anyway.
I haven't been able to drive it much lately, but I've seen more bugs around than ever, plenty of super beetles with P plates believe it or not! Shocked
Andy P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is amazing what pops up once you're driving vintage VWs and how excited people in 70s air cooled VWs are to wave at you when you drive by. Very Happy
If you want to find more Beetles, Chris, drive yours around as much as you can.
People will tell you who has them or if they have a couple themselves.

'62 Beetle

Jägdwagen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
54 Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: 67 in Australia Reply with quote

Hi Aussies, I am in Oz at the moment...married a Queenslander 20 odd years ago, so visiting for Christmas. Canada is normally home, and my wife's 67 is our VW that has gotten us into the scene. Deb calls her Georgie Girl, didn't know it at the time that it was the Aussie band called the Seekers had the song called "Hey There, Georgie Girl"... as a worldwide hit in 1967! Seems it was meant to be her name. So I knew there were many differences in cars between countries, but based on your car I see more details. The headlights are still sloping with the outer glass, the smaller clear indicators on the front fenders, but I would consider your hub caps older. What do the rest of you say. Chris it is a great car for sure. I sure wish you Aussies would list your state or city with your Avatar, I'm here on the Sunshine Coast and have seen a couple VW bus's in Caloundra. It would be great to connect to you somehow. Here's my "girls"

[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andy P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm along way south, closer to Canberra than Sydney, but there are Queenslanders here on this forum.

'62 Beetle

Jägdwagen
Aussie67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 67 in Australia Reply with quote

Swampman wrote:
Hi Aussies, I am in Oz at the moment...married a Queenslander 20 odd years ago, so visiting for Christmas. Canada is normally home, and my wife's 67 is our VW that has gotten us into the scene. Deb calls her Georgie Girl, didn't know it at the time that it was the Aussie band called the Seekers had the song called "Hey There, Georgie Girl"... as a worldwide hit in 1967! Seems it was meant to be her name. So I knew there were many differences in cars between countries, but based on your car I see more details. The headlights are still sloping with the outer glass, the smaller clear indicators on the front fenders, but I would consider your hub caps older. What do the rest of you say. Chris it is a great car for sure. I sure wish you Aussies would list your state or city with your Avatar, I'm here on the Sunshine Coast and have seen a couple VW bus's in Caloundra. It would be great to connect to you somehow.

Hey Swampman, I'm on the Gold coast, I used to hail from Canberra though. Georgie Girl is one of the songs I play while driving around, perfect sort of song for driving a stocker beetle. As for the differences with the aussie 67 model, I changed the taillight lenses and front indicators myself, so they're not original. The main list of differences are
1. 63 style body and guards with
2. 64-66 Decklid, with 1300 deluxe script
3. unslotted wheels (again from the earlier model) with moon hubcaps.
My car now looks significantly different from those photos though.

if your down on the gold coast at all this week, there is a vw gathering on Wednesday night
54 Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Gold Coast event Reply with quote

Hey Aussie67, Wednesday might be possible. I suppose it is about a 2 hour drive. What is your gathering about and when will it start?
Aussie67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a fairly small informal gathering of the Gold Coast dub club and others, with usually between 5-10 cars at a place called harbourtown shopping centre.
It starts at 7pm, so that might make it a little bit late to then be travelling back to the sunny coast.
54 Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup I think you're right. If I had my own car it would be different. I have heard about a few VWers here on the Sunshine Coast, that might get together before Christmas too. Cheers, Murray
Ian 68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Just spoke to Jon about a possible hook up tomorrow in town, hope to see you Sunday some time.

Best
Ian
54 Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Coffee at Kings Beach Reply with quote

Hi Ian, I look forward to meeting you and Jon somewhere around the groyne for coffee and a look at your VW's...about 9:30-10:00ish. Murray
Ian 68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Murray,

Good to meet up with you yesterday.

Maybe do it again after the holiday madness and get out in the buses and have a drive round the Coast.

My shout for the coffee next time !

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and all the best for 2014.

Best

Ian
54 Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian, I enjoyed that, and would love to get a better look at your VW's. We can keep in touch and see if another chance comes up before I head home January 5. Merry Christmas to you & your family too. Murray
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: