Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fridolins For Sale
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ztnoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Fridolins For Sale Reply with quote

I notice there have recently been a couple of Fridolins for sale.
There was an eBay action ending yesterday for the BBT Frido which is now in California.
The bidding ended without a sale as the reserve was not met at $18,433.
Additionally, the Rust Bullet Frido is for sale as well, with the price reduced to 6000 GBP or $10,402 as of 12/26/05.
Since this is one of the rarest of VW vehicles, it is interesting to track asking and selling prices for this model.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Simon Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I own the Rustbullet Fridolin (well for now at least as i have a sale pending)
I had good response which i did expect seeing it is very solid and well put together and a fraction of the price others seem to be asking at thye moment for ones needing work.
ztnoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: more ad listings Reply with quote

Simon,
I see there are a couple of new Fridolin ads listed.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=166209
Minimum 6,000 Euro bid = $7,171 USD = 4,129 GBP

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=247549
$5,400.00 USD = 3,106 GBP

The first appears to be in much nicer condition than the second.
Many of these seem to end up in Dutch dealer's hands...why is that?
Based on your experience with these vehicles, and the one you just sold, what would you consider a fair market value for these vehicles?
Granted there are very limited numbers of them, but where do you feel the ceiling or upper end is in terms of sale value?
If I might inquire, what did your Frid sell for?

I'm just trying to get an idea of value and as a recent seller of one, I believe you are in an excellent position to offer commentary and opinions.

Regards,
Steve
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
antz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Frid pricing Reply with quote

The Frid prices keep rising. 1st off the BBT Frid has gone up a couple of times on ebay and ended in the 20K something and didn't meet the reserve. There is kind of a sore story behind that Frid. It was BBT's a long time ago. Got sold to John Salano who had it restored in Europe and brought back to the US. BBT bought it back at Octo in LA a couple years back for 22k and moved it across the parking lot and put it for sale for 32k. Needless to say pissing John off. Anyhow they probably won't sell it for less than 30k. Bob from BBT said it will just go up in price and that was the price asked years back. There only an estimated 150-200 German and 25-35 Swiss Frids floating around and they are mostly in Europe. The silver and red Frid was for sale for only 1,500 EUR awhile back. Coolvw bought it with another Frid and now is trying to sell it for more. When the Europeans try and sell it to the US thinking they will get a higher market price on it. The problem is the cost of shipping and Euro conversion bumps it up to much. Your best bet is buy one in Europe and ship it here yourself. I shipped over two (Swiss and German model) and helped Chris in Alahbahma (publisher of The German Addiction) get his and bring it over. There were quite a few in Europe for sale this last year. It has slowed down a bit right now. Mine ran me about 4k for both before shipping. After costs of transporting to shipping yard, shipping to the US, all the extra parts needed, plus spares I got it ran me about 13k. Chris's was about the same. Expect to pay more for a Swiss because of its low production #'s. Were about 1,200 Swiss produced. Around 5000 German produced. There are only about 15 in North America so you are limited to buying here. I would stay away from any Euro Frids being Marketed to the US due to the reason they are tring to market them here (MONEY). Best bet is to find one in Europe and have it shipped here. I figure getting one for around 5,000 to 6,500 US dollars is a good price. That is the cost for a roller (or runner that justs gets by running) that needs full resto. Have to replace rockers on all of them whether they look good or not, so don't sweat the rusted rocker ones. Well that's all the advice I can give you. You got to really want one and being willing to pay for it.
Doblep98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Fridolin parts Reply with quote

Iīm the happy owner of one 1970 German Fridolin, but donīt know where to find some pieces that are missing in my car, Do you know if there is a special website where I can find them?
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
vdubguy03
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: im looking for a fridolin driver, any help would be awesome Reply with quote

any help would be awesome...i have cash and some nice trades if interested...but looking for driver...let me know...
email at... [email protected]

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
oorwullie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wink
vdubguy03
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: NICE FRID>>> Reply with quote

is that frid 4 sale? if so whats the asking $$$$?????
let me know...
[email protected]
oorwullie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not for sale and if it was you probably couldn't afford it. Wink
vdubguy03
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it looks like it would be more than im looking to spend but would have been curious about mods and price just to keep track of there values... sweet ass frid though...send my props....

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by vdubguy03 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
oorwullie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just out of curiosity, how much do you plan on spending? incl. shipping etc. Idea
exotic plants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Frid!
Rear driver side fender.
Cash waiting.
------------------------------------------------------------
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw one for sale here (16.5k EUR obo)
http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/vw...ref=search

Translation:
The Fridolin on 10.04.1972 the first times been permitted
German Telephonwerke and cable Frankfurt! 've finally changed hands on 04.06.1981 he is then driven over 8 years, resigned on 04.10.1989 the whole time until now has been nice and dry in a barn for almost 25 years brakes are free .... Now he is waiting for the resurrection, there are the typical questions that need to be made ​​Fridolin Both side panels both front mask outside sill see pictures in question just contact 015206729292 something they do not always get offered!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: