Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

You wanted the best...
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiningstar76 wrote:
For post #2500, I happily declare KISS the most over rated band ever. I just don't get it. And Gene Simmons was an absolute prick on fresh air. Completely devoid of class. You don't fuck with Terry Gross.

Gene Simmons has been a classless prick the whole time.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kiss has been awarded 28 gold albums to date, the most of any American rock band.[2] The band has sold more than 40 million albums in the United States, of which 24 million have been certified by the RIAA[3] and their worldwide sales exceeds 100 million records, making them one of the world’s best-selling bands of all time

Love 'em or hate 'em (there seems to be no inbetween) they have been around longer than a lot of bands and they continue to tour. I think only Cher has been around longer and she will be the last one standing at the end of time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
Quote:
Kiss has been awarded 28 gold albums to date, the most of any American rock band.[2] The band has sold more than 40 million albums in the United States, of which 24 million have been certified by the RIAA[3] and their worldwide sales exceeds 100 million records, making them one of the world’s best-selling bands of all time

Love 'em or hate 'em (there seems to be no inbetween) they have been around longer than a lot of bands and they continue to tour. I think only Cher has been around longer and she will be the last one standing at the end of time.

Gene is very good at selling his brand. Your quote shows he result of that business acumen. Musical talent not required.
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
who cares? STYX and Foreigner are on tour together!!!!! Dancing

But probably not with their original singers. Crying or Very sad

I think Gowan was touring with Styx for awhile. I'd go to that show!

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:

Rolling Stones

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:

Rolling Stones

You missed the "American Rock Band" part of the quote.
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
photogdave wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:

Rolling Stones

You missed the "American Rock Band" part of the quote.

You're right, although what I was actually quoting didn't mention American.
So, Bob Dylan.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Stones did the Superbowl a few years back, I realized then that they shouldn't be playing live anymore. They look (and sounded like) tired old men. Maybe in the studio but not live. I agree its a pretty smart business move to put the makeup back on as it hides their real appearance and putting it back on makes it all seem somewhat unchanged from years ago. Its a good business model because if they tried to tour without it, I doubt half the people would come. I happen to like their music too - mostly the old stuff back when it all seemed "magical" to me. The "magic" is mostly gone but for a couple of hours, I can relive the "magic" with a smile on my face and then poof, its back to the current day with kids, work, etc., etc. And lastly, Paul says in a recent interview that coming to their show is about forgetting all the problems of the day for a few hours and enjoying yourself. Reliving, reminiscing, ahhhh...If I knew then what I know now...I take that back - I wouldn't change a thing. What a polarizing band they are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: