Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

dropping a 65 notch.
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VEEDUBACE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: dropping a 65 notch. Reply with quote

ok, so i just got done lowering my notch. i went 2 clicks up front and 2 outter and one inner on the rear. i'm running 165/15s all around on 5.5x15 8spokes. i have major rubbing issues up front, and the rear still sits a good deal lower. does anyone have any info for me?? i'm trying to achieve a good low stance. i know i need different tires up front, but i'm wondering do i just order a standard 135, or should i try to find like a 145/50 or something like that?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
speed holes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, 8 spokes are wider than stock, and the offset is lower, meaning the tire is pushed out further towards the fender. You'll definitely need some 135's or 145's up front to help with the rubbing issues. 135's are also a lot shorter than 165's, which may bring the front down level with the rear. your speedo will be off, but you'll get used to it.

2 outer clicks and one inner is quite a bit for the rear, you might want to go back up one outer, or just go 3 outers and no inners. It takes a bit of trial and error sometimes to get the stance just right.

Have fun!
VEEDUBACE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet, maybe i'll try that for the rear. it tucks hard, and looks awesome, well, to me at least.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: