Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aftermarket Wheel Compatible with VW Hubcaps?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry_mann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Aftermarket Wheel Compatible with VW Hubcaps? Reply with quote

My tires are horribly dry rotted on my 69 Baja Beetle. I have been delaying replacing them cause i hate the wheels and wanted to replace all at the same time. However, i havnt decided on which wheels i want.

I was wanting to run the newer beetle heritage wheels. But they are rather expensive, plus adapters and i dont really know how well they would work. I then started looking at getting a set of stock wheels widened to give me that look i was wanting...... Then i had a thought.

Is there any aftermarket wheels that will accept the center cap from a standard bug? This way i can get the offset and width i want.... Maybe even increase diameter to 16 - 17"? I figured any wheel that style would have a trim ring available for it.

another thought..... is there an aftermarket wheel that will accept the newer VW heritage center cap?

Here is some examples of the look im after

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VW split window 16" rims

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bahamianbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think airkwld had some wide 15 and 17s
kidosteele
Mr. Butthurt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not just buy a set of these...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1172589
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: