Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Thing Rallies, Shows, Get Togethers.
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark 42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: VW Thing Rallies, Shows, Get Togethers. Reply with quote

Is there a thread for people to post info about various Thing related gatherings? I live near Tacoma, WA and would love to go see a bunch of them, and maybe even get someone to take me for a ride in one.

Could a stickied thread which members can still post to be created - maybe with strict guidelines to only post details about events and avoid thread drift?

I've never owned a Thing - had a custom homebuilt car my dad built on a VW chassis as my very first car (sold it before I could drive - wish I could get it back), and my first car was a 1970 Beetle with the Automatic Stickshift.

I may be ready for another VW now - Either a Thing (first choice) or a Karmann Ghia or Fastback, Squareback or Notchback.

Probably a thing, if I can handle using one as a daily driver.
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vary few all Thing events. Most of the time it's just VW shows and a few Things will be there. The all Thing show this year will be in Branson MO. July 25-27. I think this is the only all Thing show in the U.S. Kubel Treffen East 2014 has been going on since 1993. The first 15 years was put on by Mike and Mary Crisp in Asheville N.C. Then I took it over, moved it to Kentucky for 3 years, one year in Hawasse GA. again in KY and last year had a host in Dover DE, Bill Hempstead. This year the host is Lorie & Carl Church in MO. I hope to have host in different parts of the country each year. Most shows have 30-50 cars. I have also had 10-12 weekend drives over my 25 years with these cars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There USED to be a strong group in the Puget Sound area but has long eroded away. Go to the Vintage Meet sometime in July. You can meet a few of the old members there. Connect with Don Eddy. He may even be at SpringMeet

There is a Boise Thing group that have annual rallies. Invitation only. Good group of people.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: