Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rabbit fan switch help needed.
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stewardc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Rabbit fan switch help needed. Reply with quote

My old heater fan switch (bottom below) is very different from the new one. I suspect that the new one is from an AC Rabbit. Can anyone tell me how to adapt it? (what wires to move where) These switches are non existent, so don't tell me to get another one please.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find an internal circuit diagram (the big rabbit book) and see what VW did inside that switch. They loved to connect many connections outside with one operation inside. you may not have a problem.

Have you tried electric contact cleaner and switching it at the same time. Or did it jam up and not work?

Also- those switches had current track numbers printed on the switch, so connect as many of those as you can and then figure out what the extra wires did and when and wire a second switch to perform that duty. IF you can't get the right switch.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stewardc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. I finally sat down with a circuit diagram and the new switch and an ohm meter and figured it all out. It'll work.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: