Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

rim issues, no iron crosses, looking at 17" porsche rim
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
73blkvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: rim issues, no iron crosses, looking at 17" porsche rim Reply with quote

Gegetting close to the end of the project it's time to buy my rims and unfortunately the rims I wanted are currently out of stock I'm looking to possibly use 17 inch porsche rims, my question is will these work, and if so, what will I neex to do to make it happen

Here all the specs.... These wheels/tires are sized as follows:Fronts - 17"x7.5" with good 205/50r17 offset 50Rears - 17"x9.0" with worn 255/40r17 offset 55

Help please
Joel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more info would help.

Assuming from your gallery its a 74 standard?

if you are running stock fenders you'll want to narrow the beam a bit and fit some spacers if you want to retain any sort of turning circle.

I don't really play around with standard Beetles any more but when I had my last one with 17x7et40 and 205/40 tyres on they fit it ok but turning circle was pretty limited because the tyres rub on the trailing arms at full lock.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need extra wide fiberglass fenders to make them look right on the rear. They are probably a 'good deal' because they are really too big for a VW.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait for the wheels you want instead of settling for wheels you like but are going to result in a bunch of work to fit. I've got Iron Cross wheels on my car and they look great and fit nicely.

brad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: