Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sprintstar wheels
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Sprintstar wheels Reply with quote

Are there any good threads showing the different reproduction Sprintstar wheels sizes and offsets? I did find this one thread, with some nice pictures, but I was hoping for more. I was thinking about some 4.5 inch +34 ET fronts and 5.5 inch +10 ET rear for my Berry Mini-T. My current wheels are 5 inch +25 front and 7 inch 0 ET rear, so this would move the wheels in 9mm front and 10mm rear.
manxdavid
Samba Member

Location: David Jones, Anglesey, North Wales, UK. Manxclub #678.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBT website shows their full range...

http://www.bbt4vw.com/en/catalogue/1-exterior/12-wheel-rims-and-accessories%20/bbt-sprintstars/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBT seems to be showing the same 2 pictures for all the Sprintstar wheels (chrome and painted.) That seems pretty common with vendors. I decided to do a little more web searching and must have struck the right Google search phrase (sprint star wheel ET10.) There where a number of examples where the wheel sizes where listed.

I finally found a good picture of a set of them in 4.5 ET34 and 5.5 ET10. This was posted on TheSamba a couple years ago by "50ate".
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

manxdavid
Samba Member

Location: David Jones, Anglesey, North Wales, UK. Manxclub #678.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they'd repro'd 8 inch ones for the rears of more traditional buggies. Maybe I'll get some widened one day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: