Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bigfoot Extended Clutch Pedal Shaft Kit
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Bigfoot Extended Clutch Pedal Shaft Kit Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this? Sounds like a great idea, I could use more room between the brake and clutch petals.

View this short video on the Bigfoot Installation at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vo2U9XUYkY

The Engineering team at Unique Parts created a solution to an age old problem with the hook and loop design of the old Clutch Pedal Shaft and Clutch Cable on the classic Volkswagen. This is the Bigfoot extended model of the new clutch pedal shaft design. The shaft is 3/4 inches longer and that gets almost 3" between the pedals and that means more room between the pedals for your feet. Now the clutch pedal is directly in front of you making driving and engaging the clutch more comfortable.

In addition to providing ease for driving it prevents future breaks to the clutch pedal shaft so you wont have to replace ever again. The constant wear on the original design clutch pedal shaft and the loop of the cable end pulling against each other every time the clutch pedal is pressed in will cause it to break over time. It is highly difficult to replace and you may have to replace multiple times. Our new design prevents this and makes it easy to replace since the cable bolts on to the cable locating pin and is held in place by a flat washer and nylock nut..

The old clutch shaft design also can cause safety issues and potential collision. When the old hook and cable design fails, the car will lunge out of control and this can cause injury to yourself, passengers or other people directly in front of you. Why risk it when there is a solution at an affordable price.

The New Clutch Pedal Shaft Design Kit is a permanent fix and works like a bearing for smooth operation. Three years of testing and thirty five thousand mile of in town driving when disassembled for inspection shows that there is no wear to the shaft, the cable end or the locating pin. When installing the old design its difficult to tell if the loop and hook are matched up. The new design takes out the any guess work by attaching the cable first. Slide the loop of the cable end on to the locating pin of the Clutch Pedal shaft and put the washer and nylock nut on and your ready to bolt the pedal assembly right in. Its that easy. Also works with original clutch cables, NO SPECIAL CLUTCH CABLE NEEDED. Get a new clutch cable anywhere. No need to wait days for special a special clutch cable to arrive. The new design Clutch Pedal Shafts are precision made in America from high strength metal to German specifications and individually inspected to maintain the highest quality product. The Bigfoot Extended Clutch Pedal Shaft Kit comes with the extended length shaft, brass bushing, flat washer, nylock nut, and a New Performance Clutch/Brake Stop Plate and easy to follow instruction and a helpful YouTube video to watch.

There is no substitute for quality. It is an affordable solution for everyone, and we guarantee no more shoes rubbing against each other!
Fits 58-79 Type 1, Ghia, Thing, any application using German VW pedal assemblies only.
The price is $45 plus $6 Shipping total is $51 Shipped in USA
Made in America for US Market Only
To order click the Add to Cart. Go to Checkout at top of page.
danielsan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice product. I put this in a car for someone. Relocating the brake line is a PITA. Just bending it like the video shows is dangerous.
Altema
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on bending the brake line not being the best method, but they make very good quality stuff. I bought and installed their normal clutch shaft kit, and it is better built than it has to be. I suspect I will never have to change that part again in my lifetime.

Paul
SoCalJes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the throttle pedal setup from him, 100% perfect and smooth as glass! Well designed and quality materials. There should be more people like him making parts for these cars.
Just because it didn't come that way, doesn't mean it shouldn't have.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Pomona swap yesterday and lost clutch right as i entered the gate Crying or Very sad . I picked up one of his clutch shafts to put in this week.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
swavananda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

love mine. extra benefit is the clutch cable sit's on a bearing, so the action is real smooth
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swavananda wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

love mine. extra benefit is the clutch cable sit's on a bearing, so the action is real smooth

Thanks everyone for the replies; I'm sold on it. My pedal assembly needs some TLC and this fits right in. I've always felt that the pedals were a little too close.
Thanks,
Paul
dubulup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the clutch and roller pedal...was in the car yesterday thinking how awesome those products are
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the bigfoot to separate and give me more space between the clutch and brake pedals.

My question now is: Is there any way to separate the brake from the gas petal? Because of some health issues, I now need to wear a much wider shoe then I use to. I would love to have a little more room there.

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a roller pedal?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Have you tried a roller pedal?

I haven't, but I will take a look at your suggestion. Thanks !

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe

Timing is everything
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote to Unique Parts about moving the brake pedal over, here is his reply. I guess I'm SOL.

Paul,
Thanks for the business but we don't have anything for moving the brake pedal over. And we don't know anyone who is doing anything about that..Ron

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe

Timing is everything
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: