Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

O.E.B.C Spring Picnic - May 4, 2014
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: O.E.B.C Spring Picnic - May 4, 2014 Reply with quote

Don't miss the Annual Spring Picnic hosted by The Orange Empire Bus Company. How many shows offer parking on grass under big shady trees in a Beautiful park setting? THIS ONE DOES! The internationally known Hot Dog Fred will be there serving up Bratwursts and Hot Dogs for amazingly low prices. The raffle will be HUGE and have many great prizes. Your friends at Wolfsburg West have once again sponsored the legendary SLOW-DRAGS. They are incredibly fun, free to enter and there is a $200 purse to the winner of the Bus and Beetle class. Once again the show is FREEEEEEEE to aircooled VWs and their drivers. Passengers and spectators pay a LOW $5 per person. Gates open at 6 AM and the fun goes all day. Raffle will be at approximately 1 pm. Email with questions or if you need further information. [email protected]
See you there!!!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by EverettB on Sun May 04, 2014 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May 04, 2013 - Spring Picnic hosted by Orange Empire Bus Company
Yorba Linda, California

As Everett mentions above ....... Don't miss out on the 15th Annual Spring Picnic hosted by The Orange Empire Bus Company. Come out and enjoy the day parked on grass under large trees. Gates open at 6:30 in the morning. The day will be packed full of fun.

-Hot-Dog Fred will be on-scene grilling up his legendary Bratwursts and Hot-Dogs.
-Our swap meet is expected to be full to capacity.
-And we will once again be running SLOW-DRAGS. Slow drags are free to enter with two classes (type 2 and all other VWs) The winner of each class wins a $200 Gift Certificate donated by Wolfsburg West.
-Bring family and friends and enjoy a truly unique Volkswagen event in a truly unique park setting.
- Admission is free to drivers of aircooled VWs. Passengers and spectators pay a low $5 each
-ALL-Aircooled VW campout starts Friday, May 2nd at noon.
-All Aircooled VW "drive-in" will be set up Saturday night again, compliments of Jebus with free popcorn served by Wolfsburg West.
DON'T MISS IT!!

Email [email protected] for more info.

May 02, 2013 - Spring Picnic Campout
Yorba Linda, California

Bring your friends and family and come out for the Pre-Spring Picnic Campout. The fun starts at Noon on Friday and continues until early Sunday morning where the even-more-fun Spring Picnic begins. Bring your barbecues and ice chests and enjoy camping on grass with LOTS of other VWs. Saturday at dusk we will once again be setting up the big screen and showing a Volkswagen extravaganza on the big screen compliments of "the Jebus" with free popcorn from your friends at Wolfsburg West. Campout is open to AIRCOOLED VWs only. $20 per night/per vehicle. No prereservation is required.

Email [email protected] for more info.

Last edited by Barndoor Mafia on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richie_Rich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool show the Folks will be there for sure. Cool
Cuñado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: O.E.B.C Spring Picnic - May 4, 2014 Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Don't miss the Annual Spring Picnic hosted by The Orange Empire Bus Company. How many shows offer parking on grass under big shady trees in a Beautiful park setting? THIS ONE DOES! The internationally known Hot Dog Fred will be there serving up Bratwursts and Hot Dogs for amazingly low prices. The raffle will be HUGE and have many great prizes. Your friends at Wolfsburg West have once again sponsored the legendary SLOW-DRAGS. They are incredibly fun, free to enter and there is a $200 purse to the winner of the Bus and Beetle class. Once again the show is FREEEEEEEE to aircooled VWs and their drivers. Passengers and spectators pay a LOW $5 per person. Gates open at 6 AM and the fun goes all day. Raffle will be at approximately 1 pm. Email with questions or if you need further information. [email protected]
See you there!!!

Everett, This is my favorite show of the year and of all the ones I attend across the country. I was wondering since you started this tread about show, Will you be attending this year? It would be cool if you did Laughing
I will save some of Cy's special chicken for you. Think I wont? Very Happy

Looking for front kick panels for late 63' Deluxe Basalt Gray
60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I will be attending.

I created a thread because they were doing a show banner and the show banner needed to link to a Forum thread. Samba customer service. Smile
I copied the text from last year's event.
I can switch things so thread is from BarndoorMafia instead of me if you want - PM me if you prefer that

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: O.E.B.C Spring Picnic - May 4, 2014 Reply with quote

Cuñado Wear wrote:
Everett, This is my favorite show of the year and of all the ones I attend across the country. I was wondering since you started this tread about show, Will you be attending this year? It would be cool if you did Laughing
I will save some of Cy's special chicken for you. Think I wont? Very Happy

This is also my favorite show. 2 full days of camping and waking up to the show! The show on Sunday always has a good turn out. The best part of the show, aside from the awesome weather, are all the trees used for shade and you are able to park your ride on the grass rather then some hot ass asphalt or on the dirt! And it’s free. Doesn’t get better then this.

You should come out to this one Everett. I will save you a spot where you can park your ride under a nice large tree, sit on your chair, shoeless, with a cold beer on hand and a plate of Cirilo’s famous grilled chicken on your lap. Tempting eh!? You are also invited to the bbq we hold down in our spot. Good grub all day long. Right Cuñado!

EverettB wrote:
I created a thread because they were doing a show banner and the show banner needed to link to a Forum thread. Samba customer service. Smile
I can switch things so thread is from BarndoorMafia instead of me if you want - PM me if you prefer that

No worries Everett, you got way more pull then I do! Wink I'm just the guy who gets the word out for this event on behalf of the Wolvereen (aka Corona Ryan) and the rest of the OEBC crew.

Last edited by Barndoor Mafia on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few folks asked me about the camping portion of this weekend. You can can arrive as early as Friday afternoon. Most folks camp out in the back area as it is pretty much open and is first come first serve, but plenty of room with lots of trees, picnic tables and fire pits. The cost is $20 per night per VW. Not a bad deal.
Stitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camped in the back area last year, was cool! Wondering... Are we allowed to camp towards the front more grassy areas? Rolling Eyes

Click to view image (If you have to ask....you don't know... )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cuñado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I don't think I will be attending.

Bummer Everett! But thanks for starting this thread though. Hopefully you can reconsider making this one. Its the best show of the year for me.

60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stitch wrote:
Camped in the back area last year, was cool! Wondering... Are we allowed to camp towards the front more grassy areas? Rolling Eyes

You can camp anywhere past the "Ropes Course", towards the back. (with the exception of the amphitheater area, that's blocked off) That whole area is for VW's. There aren't any areas reserved back there, it's on a first come basis. There is plenty of room and most folks don't mind if you camp next to them.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If the above image is not readable? Click in link below for larger image.

http://canyonrvpark.com/pdfs/park.map.pdf
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the flyer for the event.

Stitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! GREAT SHOW! Tons of VW's on the grass and in the shade Smile
Is there a Facebook event started yet?

Click to view image (If you have to ask....you don't know... )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Here is the flyer for the event.

That's a great looking flyer! Awesome buses there!
Phil 4:13
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stitch wrote:
Nice! GREAT SHOW! Tons of VW's on the grass and in the shade Smile
Is there a Facebook event started yet?

I don't have Spacebook. But I am pretty sure this will be passed around in there. Lots of folks are aware of this event. Truely one of my favorite shows. You can't beat everything that is offered for this weekend.

BTW - Comrade looks like a Mahlenkee Krohleck with Sun Glasses. Cool DAH!
vdouglu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH yeah! This is one of the best shows there is! Camping, BBQ, Slow drags, relaxing, hanging out with great people, awesome swap meet and it's all on grass and under the trees! AND its FREE?! WHAT? You can't get any better?! AND how insane is the flier for the show? Its already a collectible.... I heard they where selling for big money on ebay! Shocked People are even complaining about the prices in the metal ward Wink

I'll be there Friday day until Sunday afternoon...I can't wait!

Don't miss this show!!!!

Everett, I've got a new bigger tent this year so there is plenty of room for you! Cool
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet you've cornered the market on those fliers!!! I'm bringing mine for you to autograph!

...I thought it was awesome when I was on one a few years ago....but you....AND your bus!!!
Rob Garretson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite show of the year! Can't wait!
http://www.ivvw.org
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cuñado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Garretson wrote:

X2👆

60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
Backn86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Garretson wrote:

X3
BugIn.com | Ovals Only | West Coast Bays | Orange County Type 3s
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ragamuffin22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: 2014 Spring Picnic & Campout Reply with quote

Hi! My family & I are so excited about this weekend! We have never been but plan on making it an annual tradition. Just one question, does anyone know if tents are allowed for the campout? Confused Blue Bug
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: