Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Where's Vince - "Ghiaddict"?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've just received an email from Vince:

Quote:
Hello John,

Thanks for your posting. I just logged on today and found the comments to be very helpful and supportive. The Ghia Forum has many great people I consider friends..........

......Many thanks to you and all who have expressed concern and offered support. I will also post to the topic itself to offer my thanks to all.

Vince

I had asked if there was anything we could do to assist in what must be a difficult time financially. Vince added:

"My only income at present is a rather small monthly payment from Social Security that I just qualified for last October. It does cover most monthly fixed expenses like rent, utilities and etc. but the hospital just informed me they have declined my request for financial assistance. Like many people, I have no medical insurance and everything is now self-pay or out of pocket.
Needless to say, I was shocked by this decision and really don't understand it at all. I do plan to seek some legal help to obtain Disability status and hopefully some coverage under Medicare or Medicaid but it will be an long, involved process that will take time."

Hmmm I have to say that's not the kind of worries you need when fighting illness so I've asked Vince if I can add his email address here so those of you who would like to help by making a PayPal donation can do so: [email protected]

I'm sure regulars here who know Vince and have benefited from his experience would like to lighten his burden. Smile

Thanks
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfectly, john, thanks Applause
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lemke
Samba Troll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Hi All,

I've just received an email from Vince:

Quote:
Hello John,

Thanks for your posting. I just logged on today and found the comments to be very helpful and supportive. The Ghia Forum has many great people I consider friends..........

......Many thanks to you and all who have expressed concern and offered support. I will also post to the topic itself to offer my thanks to all.

Vince

I had asked if there was anything we could do to assist in what must be a difficult time financially. Vince added:

"My only income at present is a rather small monthly payment from Social Security that I just qualified for last October. It does cover most monthly fixed expenses like rent, utilities and etc. but the hospital just informed me they have declined my request for financial assistance. Like many people, I have no medical insurance and everything is now self-pay or out of pocket.
Needless to say, I was shocked by this decision and really don't understand it at all. I do plan to seek some legal help to obtain Disability status and hopefully some coverage under Medicare or Medicaid but it will be an long, involved process that will take time."

Hmmm I have to say that's not the kind of worries you need when fighting illness so I've asked Vince if I can add his email address here so those of you who would like to help by making a PayPal donation can do so: [email protected]

I'm sure regulars here who know Vince and have benefited from his experience would like to lighten his burden. Smile

Thanks

Thank you for posting this, John.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zack1978
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad to read this! All the best Vince.

I had the opportunity to meet Vince a few years ago at his home in Florida and he is a great guy!! Perhaps at some point in the future he an venture back into Karmann Ghia restorations, as his work is top notch!

Zack
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince, I hope the best for you. Thanks for everything you've done for the Ghia community over the years.
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Foss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some parts from Vince a while back. If I can find the address I sent money to, I can do it again. Not a pay pal kind of a guy here.

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad.
People are either charming or tedious.
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince. Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Very Happy
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince, I'm glad to read here that you're still kicking. Those medicos must have heard about your priceless expertise on our exotic Karmann Ghia sports cars and plugged that into their valuation equation. Wishing you only good luck man. Charley
Rob Timmons
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just reading the top replacement thread a couple of weeks ago, you do great work. Kicking tobacco is not easy, I'm going on 16 years now and glad I did it, it can be done! Get well soon, I'm going to be doing a top on a '68 soon and might need some info so I'm paypaling a pre-payment for info!

vwghiarob
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ghiaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to all the Sambanistas who have offered
help, advice and support during this difficult time for me.
It has made a very positive impact on me to know that
the many friends I have made on The Samba have stepped
forward to make a difference. I'm finding it hard to express
in words just how grateful I am to all of you.

My health is much improved and I've made many changes to
get my life back on track. I guess that sometimes it takes a major
incident like this to sort of slap you in the face and make you realize
that major changes in your lifestyle need to be made. But it has also
shown me how important friends and family can be.

Thank you all!

Karmann Ghia & Beetle parts available.
Convertible tops installed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you're on the right track Vince. Very Happy

If anyone would still like to be part of our unofficial "Karmann Ghia Support Group" you can still contribute to the "Buy Vince some Nicotine Patches Fund" at PayPal.com...Vince's PayPal address is [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cohibra45
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince,

If I was near you I would kick you butt!!! Why didn't you give me a call? I would have been down to give you a hand. Embarassed I really feel bad that I didn't keep in touch lately.

Well, if you thought I would be tough on you, you moved near my sister (she has a '69 coupe autostick) and she is a lot tougher than I will ever be!!! Twisted Evil I'll have to give her a call and sic her on you!!! Laughing

I will definitely be up there in the near future and will look you up!! Tanner is going to college in Hickory, NC and will only be around and hour&half away.

Take care and talk with you soon. Do you still have the same cell phone number?

Kelly
limerence
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vince,

Sorry I'm reading this late and had no idea. Glad to hear that you are doing better.

-John
Zack1978
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word from Vince lately? I wonder how he is doing?

Zack
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack1978 wrote:
Any word from Vince lately? I wonder how he is doing?

Zack

I noticed he had logged into the forum back in February so I sent him a PM but didn't get a reply.

Hope you are well Vince...give us a heads-up. Smile
74Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince.
Just got back on the Samba after a long hiatus. Did you ever find another Ghia? I'm still on the Kit Car circuit with my build about 70% complete. Just finishing the engine now and will move on to the vehicle wiring next. I know recouping is a drag so I thought I'd get your mind onto something more pleasant........Ghias. So just relax and rest up, heal and keep on keeping on. You da man Vince! Talk to you later.

2012 Silverado
53 FiberFab MG TD Replica (VW)

Life is hard and its harder if you're stupid.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: