Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenshapiro2002 wrote:
Their staff has gone from four people to one. Hey... Three months is going to pass anyway, right?

I suppose, I guess I'm curious how they have it setup and why it takes so long. You'd think they have some sort of system or something. I realize they're looking through millions of #'s, just curious as to why it's such a huge delay. I have a hard time believing they had 4 people just dedicated to looking up birth certificates. I know there are a lot of us that want them, but I'd be willing to bet that there are more of us that don't even know this is an option.
bulikomaniak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
I'm confused. I've ordered birth certificate and I have no idea how much should I pay. 50 euros or 50 euros plus shipping costs?

I found an informations about shipping costs on their webside. Does the certificate includes shipping?

5. Shipping Costs
Shipping costs shall be independent of the order value and shall be charged per order.

In Germany: EUR 5.50
In Europe: EUR 11,00
Outside of Europe: EUR 26.50 per kg

For orders valued at EUR 50.00 or more, charges will only be made for shipping costs outside of Germany.
noexit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulikomaniak wrote:
Hello.
I'm confused. I've ordered birth certificate and I have no idea how much should I pay. 50 euros or 50 euros plus shipping costs?

I found an informations about shipping costs on their webside. Does the certificate includes shipping?

5. Shipping Costs
Shipping costs shall be independent of the order value and shall be charged per order.

In Germany: EUR 5.50
In Europe: EUR 11,00
Outside of Europe: EUR 26.50 per kg

For orders valued at EUR 50.00 or more, charges will only be made for shipping costs outside of Germany.

I was only charged 50 Euro, which came out to $67.56 at the beginning of Feb.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alexvw1963
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just emailed them and ask what's going on with my cars birth certificate that I paid for on January 26.she responded that hopefully I'll get it in 2 weeks.wtf are you serious 4 months!!!!!!
kenshapiro2002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I waited nine months for my daughters birth certificate.

Looking for '67 Engine / Block HO 183xxx - HO 194xxx
alexvw1963
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenshapiro2002 wrote:
I waited nine months for my daughters birth certificate.
Laughing
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I was wondering this too as I just ordered mine when I brought home the car and by the way they charged me $67.50US.

Well, I guess 12 weeks isn't that long considering Germany is the 3rd highest country with the most vacation days.

Days off per year: 34 (tied for 3rd highest)
> Annual hours worked: 1,406 hours
> Labor productivity: $55.80 per hour
> GDP per capita: $30,028
> Unemployment rate, 2012: 5.5%

I guess if we got 34 days off per year we'd get nothing done as well. Very Happy

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenshapiro2002 wrote:
kenshapiro2002 wrote:
They're saying 12 weeks now. Mark your calendar. My 12 weeks was up last week. Nothing yet.

Received it today...beautifully done and complete in every aspect. It took 15 weeks.

Can you scan it in and show us a pic of what they look like now?

jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpjohns wrote:
Damn, I was wondering this too as I just ordered mine when I brought home the car and by the way they charged me $67.50US.

Well, I guess 12 weeks isn't that long considering Germany is the 3rd highest country with the most vacation days.

Days off per year: 34 (tied for 3rd highest)
> Annual hours worked: 1,406 hours
> Labor productivity: $55.80 per hour
> GDP per capita: $30,028
> Unemployment rate, 2012: 5.5%

I guess if we got 34 days off per year we'd get nothing done as well. Very Happy

LOL, makes sense, I've gotten two emails stating they'd be out of the office for a few days.
lueleon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Still Waiting Reply with quote

So I placed my order online January 30th and my card got charged January 31 and have not received or heard anything. Kinda bummed out but I'm coming up on week 15 so hopefully something shows up in the mail soon. Either way as a concerned VW enthusiast and proud owner I have just sent a email asking for information and stating my concern. Lets see what I hear back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rathguten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed my order on February 6 and still haven't gotten anything. Does anyone on this site have any insight as to why it takes so long to get this information? I can remember back in the days of micro-fiche and paper catalogs, my local NAPA guy could find any part for any car in just a matter of minutes. Exactly what is the issue with getting these certificates in a more timely fashion? I sent them an email and just got the generic "we're working on it".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathguten wrote:
I placed my order on February 6 and still haven't gotten anything. Does anyone on this site have any insight as to why it takes so long to get this information? I can remember back in the days of micro-fiche and paper catalogs, my local NAPA guy could find any part for any car in just a matter of minutes. Exactly what is the issue with getting these certificates in a more timely fashion? I sent them an email and just got the generic "we're working on it".

I tried asking the same thing with no luck. I understand they have requests from all over the world, but how the heck could it possibly take 14+ weeks to get information to someone? How is the information stored? Are they going back through millions of actual papers? The cost of the birth certificate used to be $35 and around 6 weeks max before it showed up. Now it's $68 and it takes 14+ weeks? I get that they are short staffed, but I'd have a hard time believing they don't have some sort of system in place to do this by now.
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
I get that they are short staffed, but I'd have a hard time believing they don't have some sort of system in place to do this by now.

you're assuming that Volkswagen actually cares about their vintage cars and the hobbyists that drive them
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
jays58s wrote:
I get that they are short staffed, but I'd have a hard time believing they don't have some sort of system in place to do this by now.

you're assuming that Volkswagen actually cares about their vintage cars and the hobbyists that drive them

True, lol. If you don't care, why offer a service?
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathguten wrote:

I actually had a woman I used to work for that is from Germany call the museum. They told her the same thing that has been posted on here.

The archived records from old VW's are stored in a file room on microfilm, some of which have been damaged by time/weather, roof leaks etc. They used to have several employees that would do the searches and create the certificates and mail them out IF they could find the correct info.

Due to the global economy issues, they have also downsized to one person, Frau Rose Hendel, I believe, and she is an older woman who works part-time which would explain why she doesn't answer emails in a timely fashion.

I guess everyone should give them a break really. We are afterall, asking for info on 40+ year old vehicles.

jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpjohns wrote:
Rathguten wrote:

I actually had a woman I used to work for that is from Germany call the museum. They told her the same thing that has been posted on here.

The archived records from old VW's are stored in a file room on microfilm, some of which have been damaged by time/weather, roof leaks etc. They used to have several employees that would do the searches and create the certificates and mail them out IF they could find the correct info.

Due to the global economy issues, they have also downsized to one person, Frau Rose Hendel, I believe, and she is an older woman who works part-time which would explain why she doesn't answer emails in a timely fashion.

I guess everyone should give them a break really. We are afterall, asking for info on 40+ year old vehicles.

I don't really think a break should be given, but I don't think the lady doing it should catch crap for it either. Vw provided the service, we didn't make them. They've also raised the cost and tripled the wait time. It just goes to show that the Vw of today could give two shits about us as old Vw collectors. I have a feeling the certificate making will be coming to an end soon, but I hope that I'm wrong. 14+ for one individual is a long time to wait for a BC, especially in my case when I'm trying to confirm that my '60 bug is in fact painted a '59 only bug color. I'm not saying I deserve special treatment lol, but that is a ridiculous wait time for a $70 piece of paper.
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The price shouldn't have gone up, 50 euros is a lot for a piece of paper. I'm just saying, hundreds of searches coming in that have to be done by one lady is a lot. If anything they should have lowered the price considering how long it takes. I do wonder how many requests they get per week.

I emailed the lady last Sunday and as of yet I still haven't heard back.

jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpjohns wrote:
I agree. The price shouldn't have gone up, 50 euros is a lot for a piece of paper. I'm just saying, hundreds of searches coming in that have to be done by one lady is a lot. If anything they should have lowered the price considering how long it takes. I do wonder how many requests they get per week.

I emailed the lady last Sunday and as of yet I still haven't heard back.

I totally agree, especially if she is going through millions of microfiche, that has to suck. I'm curious how many requests come in as well. I'm sure there are tons of Vw owners that have no idea this is even an option.
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dear Mr Johnston,
sorry but I can’t say the time of delivery.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Roswitha Hendel

Stiftung AutoMuseum Volkswagen

Dieselstraße 35
38446 Wolfsburg
Tel.: +49 (0) 5361-848 6171
Fax: +49 (0) 5361-52010

LOL...finally got my answer.

noexit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to email them at [email protected] about a certificate I ordered on Feb 6th, but I got a bounce message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 32 of 61

Jump to: