Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Type 3 Video
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67FastyRSA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: New Type 3 Video Reply with quote

Hi guys...
A speed-test video on this sitehttp://www.yzerfontein.net/vw/
alternatively download it here http://www.yzerfontein.net/vw/images/speed.mpg

Tell me what you think Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's dangerous to try and drive fast while video taping. Next time have a passenger do the video. We don't want to lose you or the car because of an accident. The video itself is blocky (not clear), you need to get one with better (higher) resolution.

It's nice to have open road to do that. The only place I found that was fairly safe was back at Fye's old house out in the middle of no where Idaho. Not much straight stuff like that northwest of the Cascade Mountains Crying or Very sad (well, and not having to worry about police).
The First Invasion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
karfer67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i first saw it i had the sound off and thought that was a KPH speedo then i turned the sound up Laughing
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air_Cooled_Nut wrote:

It's nice to have open road to do that. The only place I found that was fairly safe was back at Fye's old house out in the middle of no where Idaho. Not much straight stuff like that northwest of the Cascade Mountains Crying or Very sad (well, and not having to worry about police).

or if you are in Wyoming and have a buddy take the pic with the flash at night, be sure to blink as it is snapped to avoid night blindness! Wink but, i wouldn't know anything about that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67FastyRSA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the quality but I took the video with my mobile phone on my way back after I dropped my wife at work. If I had tried this with her in the car she would have rightly slapped my face silly Laughing . We've got quite a few suitable roads in south africa and in contrary to popular international belief, I do not have to shoot my own dinner. This road however was a bit narrow though. I just thought a video should make more sense ... there was a topic on top speed some time ago and one guy told me I was using a drill to turn the speedo.... well..... Razz
Oh yeaah .... we should all take some vids of our type 3's ... there's not enough around!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
Air_Cooled_Nut wrote:

or if you are in Wyoming and have a buddy take the pic with the flash at night, be sure to blink as it is snapped to avoid night blindness! Wink but, i wouldn't know anything about that

Montana works best. But then a friend of mine hit an Elk there at over 100mph. He survived, the elk and the car didn't

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67FastyRSA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of which............ Russ who taught that vanagon in your avatar to roll over? Laughing
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

67FastyRSA wrote:
Speaking of which............ Russ who taught that vanagon in your avatar to roll over? Laughing

Gravity!!!! Laughing
Someone else here is using an "inverted" T-2 as an avitar also.
My brother, the T-2 guy up in Washington sent me that picture.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
josh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the video? I can't download it.

I rolled my avatar over all by myself.
Trying to get out of Montana.
Saw a hitchhiker.
Tried to pull over.
Instead I rolled over. Shocked
67FastyRSA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still there .... just tried it..
josh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it.

That's got to be almost as dangerous as talking on the cell phone on the freeway you nut. Wink
67FastyRSA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guilty as charged Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: