Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BRM repo's from Latest Rage
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same length as stock? I need to go there anyway and get a tire mounted on my spare BRM

Thanks!
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

anyone know the exact size lug bolt I'll need? Discount tire said they can probably sell some to me, but need the exact size, as they have a stockroom full

58-65 front drums, oval drums in the rear, empi BRM copies like pictured in this thread
bonecollector
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

FYI: I would recommend pulling your drum and checking your lug bolt with wheel mounted to see how far past the inside edge of the drum the threads seat. I installed some of the Empi BRM's on a 1956 bug with the lug bolts that Empi supplied and they caught my brakes causing a bit of a headache. You need to shorten them slightly so you don't cause damage to your brakes. A friend of mine had the same thing happen but didn't catch it until he was 200 miles away at a show. AAA towed his car home for him. Wish I would have known this prior to bolting things up.

WWW.VOLKSWEAR.COM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: