Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Supplies reqd? *bus
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
zimblewinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Supplies reqd? *bus Reply with quote

Hi all, Im up with how much DCC SS Ill need for my splitbus but Im at a loss how to work out rough ammounts for the DPLF and primer filler (K36?) and sealer I need. Can anyone give me a rough outline of how much of each they used on their bus? Thanks
tmcpeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 qt's DPLF
1 gallon K36
DCC

Inside and out

I used 2qt's of SWR and about 1 gallon Beige Grey.

The whole inside was painted floors and all with a gallon.

If you are doing SWR/CB I would probably get 1 gallon of the red and 2 qts of the CB if you are doing the inside red. If it is a 23 you may get away with a qt of cb but it would be close.

Also you can tint your K36. I would put down the dplf then use the k36 as primer surfacer and then seal that with one wet coat of dplf before paint.
zimblewinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers that was exactly what I was after Very Happy
vdubyah73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm doing a bay and was wondering wtf did that mean? Could someone translate what that meant! I'm doing all work myself,have all tools I need,gonna do in my garage. Been surfing around,and useing the search. Trying to learn what I can. Thanks Bill.

73 bounty hunter, sold.
'77 transporter, junked had crotch rot.
Dubless, but have a CPR built stroker waiting for a new to me Beetle
'93 Fleetwood Bounder 34'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zimblewinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bill Good luck with your paint job. If you put the language you didnt know into the search option for the body paint forum you'll get alot of info on each of them. It will probably seem like too much to read, but the good thing is, once youve been through some of them you have a whole lot more knowledge of the complete process. Its been a pretty steep learning curve for me too and reading up here has been the quickest way to work out what to do. The opinions and knowledge on here are invaluable. Cheers
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: