Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

danny gabbard - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: danny gabbard
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
josemunoz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the panels to my karmann ghia and danny sent to Argentina. Very good service and excellent parts. thanks danny
vdubfan68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Engine Compartment Seal Channel Tool Reply with quote

Cool Just Received Danny's Tool Today . Works Like A CHARM !! Gotta Buy His Door Hinge Tool Next !! . Danny has always been a Straight up GUY !!
He use to be one of our customers at JERRY'S VW HEAVEN Back when I was in High School . CIRCA 84-86 . THE GOOD OLD DAY'S Thanks Again Danny VW Logo
Brewbug67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Gab-Fab Hinge Pin removal tool Reply with quote

Just got my hinge pin removal tool from Danny of Gab-Fab today. After seeing how easy it looked to remove the pins on Danny's video I was curious to see how it would work on my highly rusted 65. The only word to describe it is HOLY CRAP!!! I honestly thought I was going to have to fight getting the pins out based upon my total experience with this bug. That was not the case. It literally took me less than 10 minutes to remove both pins from one door. THIS TOOL IS AWESOME AND WORTH EVERY DOLLAR!!!! Thanks Danny.

Also, on a side note, I installed the Weber Windows for my bug. Those are a bitchen upgrade from the days of just cutting big holes in the side of the engine compartment.
TexasTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: GabFab hinge-pin removal tool Reply with quote

Danny Gabbard (GabFab) makes this absolutely BITCHIN' Hinge Pin Removal Tool that makes the dreaded procedure nearly effortless!
This thing is built like an M1 tank (!) and works like slicing butter with a red hot knife!
As shown, I was able to push this right-side pin from this '67 T1 in less than 5 minutes with no damage whatsoever to the hinge, door, me or other viewers throughout the procedure. The only supporting tools required were a 13/16" socket and a 3/8" drive ratchet. Like I said, the removal was near effortless with hand tools so NO NEED to implement impact tools, electric or air powered. In fact, just in case there were unintended binding, I would STRESS the use of hand tools to complete the process. No sense in ruining a perfectly decent hinge or tool due to abuse!
If you EVER even THINK you might need to perform this job at ANYTIME throughout the remainder of your Life, You would be sorely mistaken not to purchase and keep one in Your tool inventory.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

oodub61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: hinge pin tool Reply with quote

Just got my hinge pin tool from Danny.Works like a charm.Well made,well designed and promptly shipped.If you restore or even just own a few VWs,you need this tool.
Exaktaphile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent quality on Danny's lowlight Ghia fender bottoms! Quick e-mail response and fast, insured shipping. Smile
CWAVE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased his hinge pin removal tool. Great piece of engineering. Well built, a quality tool.

One thing that I will stress with regards to pushing out any hinge pins.

If the hinge is frozen, you'll need to take extra steps such has soaking the hinge for weeks prior to attempting to pull the pin. The hinge has to be freely moving in order for this tool to work. IF you attempt to push out the pin out of a frozen hinge, the likelihood of overstressing the tool is a distinct possibility. Heating the hinge to cherry red before attempting to push out a pin from a frozen hinge is also a possibility.

Just be sure to watch the torque you apply to the tool Don't go over 30 ft lbs as stated on the tool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ackackadak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased EMPI style deck lid last summer. Had to send him mine to modify. Excellent metal work, excellent communication, insanely superior packing of finished product to insure NO DAMAGE as lid was slightly damaged going from MD to NV to be modified. Most satisfying transaction. Purchased Weber windows recently. Less complicated process with same excellent service. Highly recommended.
Offy 220
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Channel tool Reply with quote

I purchased a channel tool from Danny. The channel tool works great - Danny does excellent work and a highly recommended seller!
dutch1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Dropped CB disk brake spindles Reply with quote

Bought a set of Dropped CB disk brake spindles from Danny,came with quick international shipping and very well packed. Highly recommend and would buy again. Thanks Marcel
NavyGeneral Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny purchased some NOS early Ghia parts from me-we firstly bantered some words back and fourth, then some nice images were sent flying his way-that operation was secured however when he decided to climb the Crows Nest and spend some $$ on fine NOS parts. Going back a few whiles, I purchased a tool from him some months back---all in all two very nice transactions. Danny thanks for your business and for building/selling the tool(s).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grifspop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Weber Windows Reply with quote

I've been real apprehensive about cutting the rear of my car- but after talking with someone about holes needed to tune dual carbs, I decided to go with Danny's Weber Windows- these things look real well built- can't wait to install them. Great communication from Danny so these could be a Christmas present too- quick shipping and well packed

1957 Beetle "the Mistress"
1958 Speedster Replica "Thor"

To put your finger on the pulse of the Southern Volkswagen movement, click on http://forum.georgiadubs.com/
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some wheel well repair panels from Danny recently, excellent product....and an interesting way to ship them! Thanks Danny!
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a engine seal channel tool and a hinge pin tool from Danny. Great tools and fast shipping. He is a great guy.
56vwoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Weber windows Reply with quote

Just got my order today! Fast shipping, great product and awesome communication! Order with confidence from Danny!
eviloval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a set of carb windows. Great quality, extra hardware and packed well. Will be buying another set for my vert!
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought Danny's ghia nose tools. As described/shown in the ad, fast shipping.
Thanks Danny!
-Evan
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Bus wheel well Reply with quote

Just received a Bus spare tire well from Danny. Very impressed at the quality of his work.. You go Boy!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Iceref
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: danny gabbard - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a set of Webber Windows from Danny. Was really impressed with his work so I called him about doing some other work for me. He said "sure" so I sent a late model rear apron to him to modify it for the exhaust outlet. Fantastic job. Next I called him and ask if he would install a set of bullets into a set of early fenders I was building. Once again he said "sure". I boxed up the fenders and sent to him. I called Danny again and ask if it would be ok for me to come out and us go over the fenders to be sure we were on the same page as to what I wanted. I flew to Danny's shop and he welcomed me as if we were old friends who hadn't seen each other in years. He gave me a complete tour of his shop (which is fantastic) and looked over his Beetle and Ghia collection. We talked for a while about the fenders and then crawled in the car and went to the local watering hole/restaurant down the street from his shop. The next day I flew back home and waited for the fenders to be modified and returned to me. When they arrived, I opened the box and first thing I noticed how perfect the holes were cut where the bullet bases were installed and spot welded just as the factory did. There is no open area where the hole was cut to large but just perfect. Both left and right sides are placed in the same location and all X Y & Z coordinates are perfect. if you need any metal work Danny is the guy you need to contact. If you call, he probably wont answer the phone since he is a one man gang. Leave a message and he will return the call when he gets a chance. Two things happened with me from dealing with Danny. One, I got my fenders fixed and two, I made a new great friend. Thanks Danny....Robert
RICK SALMON
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: danny gabbard - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought an original two piece EMPI eight spoke wheel from Danny. Very good communications and very quick shipment. Great to deal with and has made me happy. Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: