Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

IDF carb size and max compression feed back plesse
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: IDF carb size and max compression feed back plesse Reply with quote

Hi all.Got all all internals back from balancer.
82x92tw (2180)
40x35 las panchito heads
51-53cc after step is cut out
.035 deck
.020 spacer??
w 110 or 120 prefer 110 as want low off idle torque for lrg tire 32" heavy baja
bus trans 002
1 1/2 baja u bend header with quite pack muffler
Altitude 3400-4000'
4500-5500 rpm?? max??
Now questions are
1-is dual 40 IDF ok size or need 44s ??
2-what is max compression I can for either cam if I only use premium fuel??
3-where to start jetting and set up??
4-mods to Idfs for off-road car ( wrong forum ??)

this is only a play car very limited on road use
thank you
Terry
Canada

Last edited by terryly on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: IDF carb size and max compression Reply with quote

my recommendations (due to application and elevation)

110 cam
9:1 CR
Dual 40 IDFs

It will be unstoppable

actually, if you don't have the cam yet get the Web 163 on a 105 LC, it's perfect for what you are doing.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
terryly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea ok John You already advised the 163 and would really like to go that route but when I put my order in from you it was not available what is lead time on the web cam 163 with 106 l/s?? Always planned on that cam after you so kindly recommend. problem is I would like to put this together for my vacation toy.That was my reasoning for getting the Udo Becker lifters from you Then I will switch the cams up during our lonngg!!! Canadian winter.
So at 9.5cr And .050 deck will probly need to get some more CCs out of your las panchito heads How much can a guy get out cc wise?? thank you so much John!!! will be ordering cam from you soon as get wish list together
Jetting and carb mods Any body?? will have Johns Wide band A/F gauge
SHITT!! I sure hope I have a parcel at post office tonight (sorry for language really should be more polite Canadian Eh )
Thanks in advance all
Terry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
terryly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP >>> could really use feed back please
terryly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks Heads showed up at post office. Got home to late to pick up. Will drop off in am to have step cut out of 40 x35 las Panchitos . SOO now it is crunch time to get FRANKINBUGS heart pumping for a well needed vacation or leave my beloved Baja bug FRANK at home motorlesss and no family8) Don't know that I will have time to properly get the CCs out of the heads for recommended compression ratio for temporary engle 110 cam of 9.1 as per John AIRCOOLED NET [ going to web 163 with 105 l/c] What is the lesser of two evils RUN TO HIGH OF RECOMENDED COMPRESSION and use best premium fuel can find and risk detonation. OR HAVE TO MUCH DECK HEIGHT and have lazy hard tuning engine.[is that it??] Please keep in mind this configuration will be torn down and done right to best of my ability come winter. Side note I have worked very hard to build this Baja bug from a wrecking yard bound heap to what I feel is a very capable fun toy that is just right for my lady friend and myself. I have dreamed up and pursued what others have done at the SAMBA both high performance and off road. This VW virgin newbe has built my bug from ground up with your ideas and expertise there is not a single part of this project you all did not have a hand in.From the hand built roll cage, bumper, roof rack, mirror guard, tinting, disc brakes rack &pinion steering large travel tires bus trans in tunnel shifter shocks ,wiring, gauges, lights, push to wash delay wiper, fuel cell the list goes on Don't get me wrong I have done a lot of things wrong and then had to go back and revisit them but it has been fun AND IHAVE A FREAKIN COOL CAR THAR EVERY ONE SEEMS TO JUST DIG example driving along testing car little old lady 85/90ish takes time to get my attention roll down her window and tell me its BEAUTIFULL!!!!!! Well couldn't top smiling OK may have had enough beer and time for bed Confused back to the point
to much comp ?
to much deck?
Later
Terry
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: