Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Flower vase questions
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
noah2burchell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Flower vase questions Reply with quote

Does anyone know the brand or the worth or what years this may have came on? Is it an aftermarket thing or could the dealer have installed it? Please give me any information you know about this. Thanks.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Original flat window 1302 Super Beetle
vw_romania
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question of myself, what dimensions does this vase have? (lenght, width)

hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Flower vase questions Reply with quote

noah2burchell wrote:

I'm curious how that attaches to a VW dash. The hook is at the very top- and all vases I've owned were closer to 2/3 the way up from the bottom- so the vase 'straddles' the dash chrome. If the hook radius is far too small for the chrome strip- it may not be for a VW. The most beautiful vase I ever found out in the wild was for an Opel. If it's indeed old- perhaps another brand of German car?

Further, I've been lucky that the few old vases I've seen all had a maker's mark. The cheaper East-Asian replicas from the early 90s had little identifiers beyond their plain cardboard boxes.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: