Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

33rd Annual Northwest Vintage Meet - July 18th-20th
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe h.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a very productive after show meeting last night.
Being a new location, we knew we would learn many valuable lessons this year...and boy did we!

One of the biggest issues to resolve is the swap situation. Planning has begun already on how to make it go smoother. We'll work hard on that one for sure.

The other stuff really is pretty straight forward....realized we needed to add a entrance gate because people were just going under the caution tape. We must keep the fire lanes open (Shoreline let us get away with that) One food vender left because there were other venders....which was ridiculous. Umm, and more raffle tickets! Embarassed
Overall for a new location, it was amazing.
We thought we would be down maybe 20% the first year. Instead we were up almost 20%!

Good to see the VW scene still going strong in the NW!!
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe h. wrote:
Being a new location, we knew we would learn many valuable lessons this year...and boy did we!

One of the biggest issues to resolve is the swap situation. Planning has begun already on how to make it go smoother. We'll work hard on that one for sure.

The other stuff really is pretty straight forward....realized we needed to add a entrance gate because people were just going under the caution tape. We must keep the fire lanes open (Shoreline let us get away with that) One food vender left because there were other venders....which was ridiculous. Umm, and more raffle tickets! Embarassed
We thought we would be down maybe 20% the first year. Instead we were up almost 20%!

since you mention this personally I thought the food choices were poor. the only two choices were $6 hot dogs from a sketchy old maintenance truck or the change of diarrhea from a puke wagon (personally I don't trust Mexican food out of a beat up old truck) Rolling Eyes

I seem to remember better food choices from previous years and one of the reasons we left early was to get some food. but this was the first year in many that i didn't bring my own lunch and stuck in the a swap space all day

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe56vw wrote:

since you mention this personally I thought the food choices were poor. the only two choices were $6 hot dogs from a sketchy old maintenance truck or the change of diarrhea from a puke wagon (personally I don't trust Mexican food out of a beat up old truck) Rolling Eyes

I seem to remember better food choices from previous years and one of the reasons we left early was to get some food. but this was the first year in many that i didn't bring my own lunch and stuck in the a swap space all day

The Mexican was seriously good ! Please invite them back !!!!
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

empiracer wrote:
joe56vw wrote:

The Mexican was seriously good ! Please invite them back !!!!

I have gotten food poisoning from those trucks more then once so I am alittle picky when it comes to them

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
joe h.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe56vw wrote:
joe h. wrote:

Don't judge a book by its cover. It was the third consecutive year having the taco truck at the show, and all we ever hear is raving reviews of their food year after year.
The truck who left severed sandwiches which we thought would give a nice varity...but she didn't like the competition I guess. I think she would have had a good day of buisness if she tried. Oh well, she will not be invited next year.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been attending the Seattle show since '97, and this was by far the best event & venue (though I didn't mind the Shoreline venue) Such a great variety of cars, I'm contemplating shipping one of my cars up for next year so I can really participate in the camaraderie

Decided not to attend Bremerton on Sunday Sad as it seemed to far. Any possibility of bringing it back to Pacific Raceway in Kent? Like it was 15 years ago

Great job to Cascade Kombi's, Joe H & the rest of the weekends' volunteers
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
The raffle car looked really cool... I just wish I was one of the 20 people who bought up all the tickets.

for the record, the 18 year old kid who won had bought 5 bucks worth of tickets, 6 total tickets. all the guys who bought 100 bucks worth of tickets lost. Wink

there were 4000 sold btw.

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:
The raffle car looked really cool... I just wish I was one of the 20 people who bought up all the tickets.

for the record, the 18 year old kid who won had bought 5 bucks worth of tickets, 6 total tickets. all the guys who bought 100 bucks worth of tickets lost. Wink

there were 4000 sold btw.

That's awesome !!!

Rareair coool to put a face to the name, I sold you the license plate frames
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

empiracer wrote:
Rareair coool to put a face to the name, I sold you the license plate frames
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Yep, I bought two of the frames from you Peter Cool Maybe next time you'll give me a better deal Wink Pray
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: