Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought an NOS T-3 carb rebuild kit from Scott. When I got it a piece (pump diaphram) was missing. Scott made it right and sent me the missing part which I got fairly quickly. Overall it was a pretty smooth transaction.
Bucky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered some fabric from Scott at German Supply recently. Easy to order, great communication, and everything arrived packaged well and in a very reasonable amount of time. Thanks Scott.

"Got a lot to carry? Get a box."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MaritimeBay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received another order last week - all was well. Made another order again tonight, because more spare parts are good to have! German Supply is now my go-to for aircooled parts in Canada.

They call my home the land of snow.
oscarsnapkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed an order on 4/18, my card was charged and I received an e-mail later that day saying that my order was complete and I should expect it to be shipped in about 2 days. Never received anything. I've tried e-mailing several times, never received a response. I PM'd Scott here on TheSamba, he responded by telling me that someone would contact me. That was 2 weeks ago, still not a word from anyone. Complete lack of customer service. On a positive note, their website works well for looking up part numbers which can be used to purchase from autohausaz or busdepot. It seems as if 99% of their catalog is 'Out of Stock' anyway. I know it's nice to support small companies owned by knowledgeable fellow VW enthusiasts, but this place just doesn't cut it.

"It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind."
bob.os
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ug. I wish I had checked this thread before ordering. My order for a fuel line replacement kit is two weeks past the shipping time estimate and I've got no response to emails. After reading this, it seems I'm being somewhat impatient and the kits may not have even have been made up yet.

I came here today because their web site seems to be down and was looking for some news on their current state of affairs. Now I know that I'll need to source the fuel lines locally if I've got any hope of getting my bus running safely yet this summer.

EDIT: Their site is back up and up on further investigation, my order shows as "incomplete" which I take to mean that the kit isn't complete. Shame on me for poor research.
72 wife, 25 house, 95 cat, 96 cat, 98 kid, 00 kid, 01 dog, 02 kid, 04 kid

Last edited by bob.os on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob.os wrote:
Ug. I wish I had checked this thread before ordering. My order for a fuel line replacement kit is two weeks past the shipping time estimate and I've got no response to emails. After reading this, it seems I'm being somewhat impatient and the kits may not have even have been made up yet.

I came here today because their web site seems to be down and was looking for some news on their current state of affairs. Now I know that I'll need to source the fuel lines locally if I've got any hope of getting my bus running safely yet this summer.

Sorry to hear this, had hoped German Supply would have gotten there act together by now.

This company has good fuel line. And they ship promptly. https://www.belmetric.com/metric-clamps-c-15.html

Save yourself lots of time and money and cut your own hose.
biggietx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sad to post this because I had extremely high hopes for German Supply. After a truly wonderful phone call with Scott I placed an order 3 weeks ago. I got this email on July 2nd.

Quote:
Hi,

We should be able to ship tomorrow and you will have everything by middle of next week.

Michelle

And then this email on July 10th.

Quote:
Ethan,

Shipping tomorrow - will forward tracking once it is ready.

Michelle

Today is July 18th and I have no parts and no tracking numbers. I don't feel that getting parts within 3 weeks is an unreasonable expectation. Or at the very least an email update with accurate information. Sad
mabutt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the second battery kit from them 3 weeks ago. No battery, no shipping info, no returned emails and I just left a voicemail because they never pick up the phone. I'll be instructing my credit card that it's a fraudulent business if I don't hear anything in 24 hours.
biggietx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggietx wrote:
I am very sad to post this because I had extremely high hopes for German Supply. After a truly wonderful phone call with Scott I placed an order 3 weeks ago. I got this email on July 2nd.

Quote:
Hi,

We should be able to ship tomorrow and you will have everything by middle of next week.

Michelle

And then this email on July 10th.

Quote:
Ethan,

Shipping tomorrow - will forward tracking once it is ready.

Michelle

Today is July 18th and I have no parts and no tracking numbers. I don't feel that getting parts within 3 weeks is an unreasonable expectation. Or at the very least an email update with accurate information. Sad

Update - Murphy's law. The parts showed up the day after I posted this. Communication was NOT great, but the parts sure do look good.
Sprink1es
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realize this forum was here!

I bought a pre-cut fuel line kit for my 77 fi Westy for $134.58 back on June 25th. Order #6663

Even though a month is a hell of a long time, I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and seeing as how they are international.

However, it has been over 2 months now. I have emailed them multiple times with no response. I've called them many times, probably only left 2 messages but never received a call back. One time they answered their phone, saying they had "poor reception" and would call me back in 15 minutes.

They still won't get back to me and I have not received my parts yet. I will call them one last time tomorrow late morning, and if I don't get an answer or call back sometime tomorrow I'm just going to file a claim with my credit card company.

Seemed like their reputation was positive on Samba so this experience is odd to me. If I have to file the claim I won't use their website again for parts. On the flip side, I'll update this comment once one or the other happens.

Disappointed so far
Sprink1es
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted ^ Tuesday 8/26

The day after I was literally about to file a claim since I still couldn't get a hold of them. Called one more time and actually got through on 8/27. Was told they had some big supplier issues and were also pretty behind. Mine allegedly shipped that week so I should see it in a few days.

Took their word for it, and I did finally receive my order on Saturday 8/30.

Packaging was perfect and the cut fuel lines look perfect. However I'll be a bit to install them so I hope everything is there!

It still took 2 months 5 days to receive. Granted, this can be pretty normal with a supplier backorder... But I did not receive any notice of this, multiple desperate emails went unanswered, and it was extremely hard to get through via telephone. Had simple communication been better this would have been an A+ experience
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my recent experiences with German Supply. I ordered some parts from them. About two weeks passed and I had not received them. I knew they were coming from Canada but was curious if they had shipped. I sent them an email and got no response, ever. Eight hours later, I saw that Scott was posting on the Samba. I thought that was odd that he/they had time to be on this site and yet not reply to emails from customers? I called their phone number and got their answering machine. A few days later, the parts arrived.

A couple of days ago, I emailed them about a tool rental to see if it was available. I got a reply within a hour. I then replied back w/a second question right away and never got a response..

That's enough for me. Wolfsburg West's service has spoiled me and I simply don't care to deal with lousy customer service..

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RussellK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a hose kit. It took about three weeks but its a very nice kit and was worth the wait.
brainwash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 8 weeks in from my fuel kit order and have emailed scott several times and have heard nothing back. Phone calls just go to an outgoing message. Zero communication and two month + wait is terrible customer service. I'll be issuing my dispute via AMEX.
raddler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've ben waiting for eight months for some exhaust parts. Emails keep you thinking that there going to show up but eventually they stop replying sent p.m. thru the samba no response finally had to dispute the charge with the credit card. So far they still have my $650 but its a good thing I used a credit card so there's still hope I'll get my money back.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raddler wrote:
Well I've ben waiting for eight months for some exhaust parts. Emails keep you thinking that there going to show up but eventually they stop replying sent p.m. thru the samba no response finally had to dispute the charge with the credit card. So far they still have my $650 but its a good thing I used a credit card so there's still hope I'll get my money back.

I'm not sure how they stay in business? Horrific customer service and communication from them. Yet, you see Scott posting on The Samba all the time? Really? You have time to post on this site yet not communicate with people that spent $ w/you and are waiting for their parts our answers to questions?

Great business model.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Waves2day
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a first time purchase a few weeks ago, minor stuff plus an exhaust valve the machine shop was waiting on. Got everything but one item(new gas cap) extremely fast and had the bus running again in no time. Great quality parts and fast delivery. Thanks Scott!
Bradgt74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted an order 12/26/14 and haven't received anything yet. My bug build is in limbo on the electrical side, as I ordered solder less wire connectors and a crimping tool. I emailed parts@germansupply and sent an IM to Scott, but haven't received a reply from either.

With the holidays and ordering from Canada, I expected some delays, but without any replies, I'm beginning to worry.
notchboy wrote:

You were drinking last night, weren't you Shame on you
Bradgt74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I submitted a dispute through Paypal about two weeks ago. I received an email the next day stating my part was on back order but just arrived. Michelle asked if I still want my order. I replied yes, and she gave me tracking info that evening.

I received the parts yesterday. I'm happy with the quality of the items I ordered, I just think the communication was horrible on their end (zero) until I submitted a paypal dispute. Confused
notchboy wrote:

You were drinking last night, weren't you Shame on you
legbuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having similar issues. I ordered the fuel line kit, the vacuum kit with the addons and haven't heard anything for a month. Order is in status I.

Tried emailing, haven't heard back.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: