Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel pick up tube
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lil-jinx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Fuel pick up tube Reply with quote

Was sitting and thinking [bad thing for me to do]about the gas tank angle and how to make use of all the gas.WhatI am thinking of doing is adding a peice of fuel line to to the tube inside of tank and routing it to the low part of the tank and maybe securing it with a magnet.Anyone ever do this and what do you all think.
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be just easier to add new permanent outlet at lowest point in tank.... Rubber tubing may deteriorate in time, magnet may shift and you end up with end of tube at highest point in tank.... Not my concept of a fix....

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
LeeVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto what Dale said. I had thought about doing something like that after I ran out of gas with a gallon or so still in the tank, but the people on the forums convinced me not to. Knowing my luck, the thing would fail at the worst possible time.

I ended up cutting the inlet pipe so that it doesn't extend up into the tank very far like it did before. The reason for it sticking up is so the crud that builds up at the lowest point of the tank doesn't block the inlet. Since the inlet is no longer at the lowest point in the tank due to the angle, this is not an issue anymore. I still use the stock screen inside the tank along with a metal inline filter under the tank. I also carry 5 extra gallons of gas on those long trips.

Lee
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: