Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1910, 1911, 1912 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
hazetguy wrote:
EverettB wrote:
rockymountainaircooled wrote:
dawerks wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1668751

Cue Wexford in 3...2...1 Smile

That is some east-coast rust if I ever saw it. Look at that roof! Unbelievable amount of metal work needed for $22k?

Hold on... Firing up my TI-241 calculator.. Result: $10K overpriced.

What caught my eye:
The driver's front door panel looks super nice.

the door handle on the driver's door being oriented properly easily adds $10K to the value.

Adjustments will be made to the TI-241 formula

since you won't always know if the door handles are oriented correctly you would need to come up with some sort of variable that takes in consideration the probability of door handles ever being put on correctly

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1668751

Cue Wexford in 3...2...1 Smile

I think he already wines about that one when it was on here a few months ago for 12.5k with a different seller. IDK why one would think that if it couldn't sell for that and you added seat covers, the wrong middle seat and disk front brakes the pice would go up 10k Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: sc Reply with quote

Hansolo99 wrote:
kafer60 wrote:
joe56vw wrote:
Now that the chz buses were valued at $100k everyone with a shorty is going to be asking for 10x their value now Rolling Eyes

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1668126

If you're gonna add deluxe trim to a single cab at least make should it lines up.

Careful he said!!

As a California attorney, he has ways to complicate your life, so please do not complicate his. Also, if you have a feedback score of less than 10, you must contact him before placing your bid. Otherwise, he has the right to cancel your bid.

Lastly, if you have serious interest in this vehicle, feel free to call him to end the auction. (808)856-1468.

I guess the hawaii state laws governing reconstructed vehicles hit his million dollar retirement idea of running an airport shuttle with a vintage vw in the ass.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Die,monster,die..what a horror of a shorty. Complicate this!
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
Die,monster,die..what a horror of a shorty. Complicate this!

I wonder if he got his resto 1/2 price?
TDIvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjbtsi wrote:
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4564559033.html
Seriously, I mean come on. Do semaphores add over $5000 to the worth of a '60 panel. Shocked

Well, apparently they add over $6000 to the worth of a '60 panel....
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1669440
The sad thing is that most people seem to look at a split bus these days as a way to make a quick buck rather than something they could get running, drive the crap out of, and enjoy.
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDIvan wrote:
kjbtsi wrote:
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4564559033.html
Seriously, I mean come on. Do semaphores add over $5000 to the worth of a '60 panel. Shocked

Well, apparently they add over $6000 to the worth of a '60 panel....
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1669440
The sad thing is that most people seem to look at a split bus these days as a way to make a quick buck rather than something they could get running, drive the crap out of, and enjoy.

This is one of the big problems with the internet. Anybody can google 1960 vw bus and then they see a bunch of ads for overpriced busses and think their stuff is worth more then it is..Result: $3,000 doller busses for $9,000 that sit on the samba forever. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priced too high? Yes
Will it sell? Yes

Semaphores are pretty cool. It's anyone's market these days.

Dick move pricing it higher here though.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been for sale for at least 6 weeks now here and on CL.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1664501
The current price is $14,000 on TS and $13,500/best on CL. Per the seller it starts, stops, runs well and is currently registered. It has cut wheel wells, the wrong tail lights and a groovy 1990s paint job. Per the seller it has rust pinholes in the bed and treasure chest and there are a couple of patched areas on the front floor. There is "some" rust on the lower nose and around at least one gate hinge. The paint is "OK" and "not a show car".
I am looking for a SC to use primarily as a truck. At 61 (and having just had heart surgery) I am not up to a big restoration project. The cut wells and big rear tires actually take me back to an earlier era when these things were the norm. Vehicle wise this will probably be my last fling. I go up to see it next week.
Considering that the SC is in SoCal and it has not sold in all this time the price is clearly over the market. And as everyone knows the split market has clearly gone nuts lately. I am thinking $10,500 with just a bit of room to bend on the upside.

Opinions?
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait a couple weeks and see if a better looking truck comes up. For $10k I would expect something a little more stock, a little less ugly. The paint, the wheel wells, the wheels... I would have to fix all that before I let my friends see me drive it. And that would cost $k more. Now if I could get it for $3k I could laugh it all off,but for 10k (or god forbid 14k) no way.

OB Bus wrote:
The current price is $14,000 on TS and $13,500/best on CL. Per the seller it starts, stops, runs well and is currently registered. It has cut wheel wells, the wrong tail lights and a groovy 1990s paint job. Per the seller it has rust pinholes in the bed and treasure chest and there are a couple of patched areas on the front floor. There is "some" rust on the lower nose and around at least one gate hinge. The paint is "OK" and "not a show car".
I am looking for a SC to use primarily as a truck. At 61 (and having just had heart surgery) I am not up to a big restoration project. The cut wells and big rear tires actually take me back to an earlier era when these things were the norm. Vehicle wise this will probably be my last fling. I go up to see it next week.
Considering that the SC is in SoCal and it has not sold in all this time the price is clearly over the market. And as everyone knows the split market has clearly gone nuts lately. I am thinking $10,500 with just a bit of room to bend on the upside.

Opinions?
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe cool wrote:
I would wait a couple weeks and see if a better looking truck comes up. For $10k I would expect something a little more stock, a little less ugly. The paint, the wheel wells, the wheels... I would have to fix all that before I let my friends see me drive it. And that would cost $k more. Now if I could get it for $3k I could laugh it all off,but for 10k (or god forbid 14k) no way.

OB Bus wrote:

Opinions?

seems like a pretty straight truck.... some people like the jersey looker wheel wells. If you can enjoy it as is, get it for under 10

if you need it original, you will need to spend some money, do the math, subtract what it will cost to make it right from the 10k you are ready to spend, and get it for that.

wipers seem to not be working
tail lights
interior panels
wheel well repair
wheels that fit stock wheel wells
some paint

Uli

themetalsurgeon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe56vw wrote:
I always find it odd when someone sells a business that is supposedly doing "great" and "making" lots of money Rolling Eyes

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667867

i intend and plan to sell The Metal Surgeon LLC when i retire.I would definitely hope its doing 'Great' and 'Making' lots of money with healthy client list so its actually an attractive business to sell.
Im sure your next question is why i wouldn't keep it and put someone in to run the daily grind.My answer is ill be ready by then to step back and maybe do something for myself.

www.themetalsurgeon.com

1953 PreA 356 Porsche concours quality for sale.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392073&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

www.themetalsurgeon.com .....know whats under your paint.....

....its not where you're from,its where you're at ....
Quote. Ian Brown(Stone Roses)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themetalsurgeon wrote:
joe56vw wrote:
I always find it odd when someone sells a business that is supposedly doing "great" and "making" lots of money Rolling Eyes

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667867

i intend and plan to sell The Metal Surgeon LLC when i retire.I would definitely hope its doing 'Great' and 'Making' lots of money with healthy client list so its actually an attractive business to sell.
Im sure your next question is why i wouldn't keep it and put someone in to run the daily grind.My answer is ill be ready by then to step back and maybe do something for myself.

There was a fantastic write up some time ago from a guy who owned one of these and why they will never be profitable

http://hippielimo.com/2014/03/12/why-hippie-limo-went-out-business/

Ohio_Style
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the $8500 shorty single cab was posted in here, but I can't find a listing. I have a 65 micro I am selling/trading, it's not good deal worthy, but I think it's fairly priced....anywho, single cab owner texts me offering his hackjob for my bus plus $4500 from me, pointing out that his truck had just been on My Classic Car, which I guess is a TV show? Dunno, I don't watch TV...

I had a really hard time not being an asshole and politely declined.

Slammed Thing
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9278729#9278729
Lifted Split Bus Build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=738403
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one says: "in storage for 35 years" ?!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1670540

clearly been stored out of storage for 35 years... does not look like an 8 grand truck

Uli

Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio_Style wrote:
...his truck had just been on My Classic Car, which I guess is a TV show? Dunno, I don't watch TV...

It's an often silly (IMO) car show that 'shows' a LOT of cars of all types, so being on it isn't necessarily a big deal. Obviously, he'd rather have a NON-shorty.

That goofy, deluxed-out DC was on Chasing Classic Cars, AND it sold high on the show...didn't make it less dumb (again, IMO Wink ).
Squilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that this disaster bus ended up selling for $65k. Apparently to someone who doesn't know very much about busses...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bus would look a lot better lowered...it still would be a mess, but it would be better.
Squilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I personally think that it is just the weird look of big rims and the taller hight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
A-Rey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: ebay 23 Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-VW-23-WINDOW-MICROBUS...&rt=nc

Anyone care to pick apart this ebay bus? The seller is reluctant to answer questions, and won't send a picture of the M-code plate. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1910, 1911, 1912 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 1911 of 2710

Jump to: