Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Highbeam Relay
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zebilmnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Highbeam Relay Reply with quote

I'm wiring my 66 bus right now and I have come to a stop. The directions show the white/black from the headlight switch going to the highbeam relay. I do not have this relay. Can someone please point me to the correct relay that I need? Thanks
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the floor dimmer switch or the 1967 turn signal switch with the dimmer switch in it?

6 volts or 12 volts?

The best source for parts ID is the original VW dealer parts manuals that you can access here:

http://www.oacdp.org/

There you can find the name and part number and do an internet search for each part you need.

Also wolfburgwest.com is one of the best for quality VW parts. You can go thru the website and find parts or even do a search by name or part number.
Zebilmnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a 12v conversion. I dont have the floor dimmer. So I'm guessing my turn signal is the dimmer as well.

Last edited by Zebilmnc on Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it. You can figure if your bus originally had floor dimmer in the parts manual. Parts are listed by which chassi number used from and up to.
olliehank47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebilmnc wrote:
I dont have the floor dimmer. So I'm guessingmy turn ssignal is tge dimmer as well.

On your 66, your turn signal arm is the ground circuit switch that activates your missing relay. You will need the relay you asked about, in the proper voltage, to make your set up work.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: